Under the direction of the Manager, Med/Surg; ICU; In-patients, is responsible for the assessment and treatment of patients presenting in the ICU Unit.
– Registration with BC College of Nurses and Midwives as a practicing RN registrant.
– Current C.P.R., I.V. Therapy and Blood Glucose Monitor and Ventilator Certificates mandatory.
– In-house Coronary Care Course Certificate or equivalent.
– One (1) year full-time recent experience in intensive care.
Skills and Abilities:
– Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
– Demonstrated ability to deal with others effectively.
– Demonstrated physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
– Demonstrated ability to operate related equipment.
– Demonstrated ability to initiate and work independently.
– Demonstrated knowledge of special procedures and techniques such as I.V. infusions of medications.
– Demonstrated competency in using equipment and supplies in I.C.U. such as Cardiac Monitors, Blood Pressure and Oxygen Saturation Monitors and Electrocardiograph machines.
View Fort St. John Community