Reporting to the Director of Care the Surgical Services Leader is responsible for the quality of care provided and oversees the work of the surgical services program. The Surgical Services Leader provides leadership in the development of surgical clinical practice by teaching, consulting and demonstrating specialized nursing skills to deliver quality services to align with the NH Mission, Vision and Values. The Surgical Services Leader coordinates and facilitates day to day activities of the surgical services Programs to ensure effective use of resources and communication among other health care providers and conflict resolution. As a role model and coach collaborates with Critical Care Educator to orientate staff and provides ongoing professional development to team members through education/learning plans and quality risk management activities.
– Registration with BC College of Nurses and Midwives (BCCNM) as a practicing RN registrant.
– Five (5) years’ recent experience in OR/PAR including completion of OR specialty course plus a minimum of two years’ recent related teaching and management experience; or an equivalent combination of training, and experience.
Skills and Abilities:
– A competent clinical understanding of the applicable nursing unit to ensure development and monitoring of effective policies, procedures and clinical skills.
– Current unit specific required certifications including IV Therapy, NRP and Code Blue Management.
– Organization, planning, leadership and human resource management skills to plan, direct, and manage nursing services on the nursing unit.
– Ability to plan and organize
– Effective communication skills, both verbal and written, to maintain optimum working relationships with all hospital staff, outside agencies and the public.
– Budgeting and financial administration skills to ensure that services are provided within operating budget allocations.
– Ability to work with others effectively
– Ability to supervise and teach
– Ability to act as a role model in creating a collaborative harmonious atmosphere.
– Ability to work and make decisions under pressure.
– Ability to operate related equipment
– Physical ability to perform duties of the position.
View Fort St. John Community