Reporting to the Quality Assurance Manager (QAP), the Quality Assurance Specialist is responsible for supporting the QAP and functioning as the Alternate QAP in the absence of the QAP. The AQAP supports the QAP in the verification and validation of quality assurance, ensuring that cannabis products produced meet the organization’s objectives for quality, safety, regulatory and customer expectations in accordance with the Cannabis Act & relevant regulations. The QA Specialist will advise on, establish and monitor Quality Management Systems and coordinate activities to meet production process and product quality standards when the QAM is offsite.
BZAM is as awesome as it sounds! We are an integrated cannabis company whose mission and brand stand for quality and integrity. Our commitment to excellence, service and employee satisfaction is demonstrated in our agile and strategic approach to market entry and investment in our people. As an emerging company in a rapid growth industry, BZAM’s innovative and accomplished leadership team is the cornerstone of our business and portfolio development.
Job Scope Responsibilities:
- Assist in managing the licensed site’s Quality Assurance Department and assist in developing, reviewing, and maintaining SOPs & Quality Management Programs and projects to ensure GPP compliance under the Cannabis Act/Regulations. Work cross-departmentally to implement SOPs (i.e. Operations, Regulatory, Security);
- Support QAP in development of training programs around SOPs pertaining to GPP and Record Keeping Compliance; Collaborate training programs with Human Resources and assess training gaps continuously;
- Implement quality control programs/systems for cannabis storage;
- Collaborate on development and implementation of programs around GPP & Record Keeping Methods for sanitation of premises, equipment, cleanliness, hygienic behaviour of personnel, and facility maintenance;
- Collaborate with Regulatory and Security Departments to develop and perform internal audits regularly to determine quality assurance compliance according to Cannabis Regulations; and
- Maintain current knowledge of best practices for the provisions of the Cannabis Act and Cannabis Regulations that apply to the license holder;
Required Responsibilities as per Cannabis Regulations:
- Function as AQAP to support the Responsible Person or designated Alternate in matters relating to Good Production Practices (GPP) and Record Keeping compliance during Health Canada inspections when primary QAP is unavailable/offsite;
- Review and approve methods and procedures pertaining to GPP as per Cannabis Regulations within the licensed site in lieu of QAP;
- In lieu of QAP, investigate complaints regarding quality of cannabis production and ensure immediate corrective action when necessary; take corrective and preventative measures;
- In lieu of QAP, ensure cannabis quality meets standards prior to release for sale; and
- Submit, secure and maintain a valid security clearance.
WHAT YOU BRING:
- BSc. in Chemistry, Biology, Pharmacology or Food Science, obtained or recognized by a Canadian University;
- 5+ years’ management experience in Quality Assurance/Control in a production environment;
- Preferred knowledge of plant chemistry, extraction and formulation systems, and chromatographic techniques;
- Recent criminal record check completed (required prior to hiring);
- Solid ERP, MS Office Suite, Adobe Pro, G-Suite and additional technical proficiency; and
- Valid security clearance (ACMPR or Cannabis Regulations).
You Are FOCUSED, DETAIL ORIENTED, ORGANIZED AND METHODICAL. Nothing gets by you and you are a master at time management.
You Are an EXCEPTIONAL LEADER with developed management and coaching skills, a strong sense of integrity and work ethic.
You are a CLEAR COMMUNICATOR capable of speaking and writing professionally, clearly and concisely.
You are a RESEARCH GURU, proficient in researching and retaining complicated compliance knowledge.
- Proven knowledge and experience in the stated responsibilities of the position (i.e. Food, Pharma, NHP);
- Previous experience as a stand-alone QA/QC resource having direct responsibility for determining strategic objectives to meet quality with given resources and carry out tactical execution.
- Preferred experience with cGMP, GAP, GLP, HACCP, ISO and FDA; and
- Preferred experience with design inspection methods, fabrication and production of medical cannabis.
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Competitive Compensation and Benefits Package
- Rapid growth and advancement potential
- Learning and development opportunities
- Dynamic and innovative environment
- Exceptional culture
BZAM is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that values the strength of diversity within the workplace. All qualified applicants, regardless of race, colour, religion, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, gender identity or expression, nationality, age, disability or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law, are strongly encouraged to apply.