Interior Health is seeking a permanent full time Quality Assurance Analyst (QAA) III to join the Information Management & Information Technology (IMIT) team in Kelowna, B.C.
The successful applicant will participate on application and integration development projects. The QAA will ensure the software testing process is carried out to ensure software meets its business and technical requirements.
Interior Health’s vision is “To set new standards of excellence in the delivery of health services in the Province of British Columbia”. The role of IMIT on this strategy is to support this vision by enabling the people of Interior Health to achieve excellence through the best use of information and technology….“better information, better decisions, better health”
The Quality Assurance Analyst performs a variety of duties to ensure Interior Health’s complex, integrated information systems meet established requirements and quality standards. This position will review specifications; develop, maintain and execute test plans; monitor and inspect software solutions for quality assurance purposes.
SOME TYPICAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Reviews functional and design specifications to understand deliverables and to identify test requirements for complex, integrated information systems that support clinical and corporate information needs throughout Interior Health.
2. Develops, documents, and maintains test plans, test cases, and other test artifacts.
3. Executes test plans, documents test results, and reports defects to ensure software solutions meet functional and design specifications.
4. Monitors and inspects software solutions post implementation to ensure quality outcomes were achieved and to identify areas for improvement.
5. Utilizes software tools and applications to streamline the quality assurance and test execution practice.
6. Participates in the continuous development of test standards, processes, and procedures.
7. Participates and maintains effective communication with other members of the application and integration development team.
8. Performs other related duties as assigned.
Interior Health strives to create an environment where you enjoy the work you do, the place where you work, and the people around you. Along with a competitive salary, your total compensation package may include vacation, health care and dental benefits, and contributions toward your retirement pension. As a member of the Interior Health (IH) team, you’ll have access to services and benefits that can help you get the most out of work while maintaining a balanced lifestyle. Our focus is on giving people room to grow, to make an impact in the lives of others.
Come and join our team….Come live, work and play where others only vacation. Make a difference. Love your work. Apply today! Qualifications
Education, Training and Experience:
Graduation from a recognized degree or diploma program in Computer Science, three years’ recent, related experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
*Formal education in QA and/or Testing would be considered an asset.
Skills and Abilities:
– Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
– Ability to deal with others effectively.
– Ability to write programs in a variety of programming languages.
– Ability to organize work.
– Ability to operate related equipment.
– Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
* All postings with a closing date specified close at 11:59 pm PT