Requisition ID: 95589
Tangerine is Canada’s leading direct bank. We offer flexible and accessible banking options, innovative products, and award-winning Client service. The reason why Tangerine employees come to work each day is to help Canadians live better lives. We focus on making a difference in our communities, and that includes our own internal community. It’s important to us that our employees feel empowered and enthusiastic about belonging to our Orange culture.
The QE Automation Architect is responsible designing, implementing and supporting solutions to testing problems as they relate to project requirements, non-functional testing, UI/UX automation, services testing etc. They are a technical testing expert defining and applying innovative test strategies, technologies and automation approaches to improve the overall efficiency and effectiveness of testing practices at Tangerine.
Is this role right for you?
- Provide technical guidance and support to TQA resources responsible for the development and maintenance of all aspects of TQA:
- UX and UI test automation frameworks both web and mobile e.g. WebDriver.io / Protractor / Selenium / Appium
- Soap / Rest services
- Design/implementation of “Accelerators” – automating incremental steps of processes
- Performance Testing techniques
- Docker, Kubernetes and Cloud native as pertaining to testing
- Lead maintenance and support of CICD pipelines and ensure the seamless integration of testing assets into pipelines
- Develop application guidelines and standards for Tangerine as pertaining to test automation tooling
- Evolve and enhance existing Tangerine testing architecture frameworks to improve test robustness and effectiveness
- Perform analysis of the testing processes, frameworks and tools and provide recommendations for improvements based on best practices, industry standards and business needs
- Maintain a technical proficiency with respect to programming languages and processes to ensure that Tangerine is well positioned for technological advances in the marketplace
- Work with senior technical personnel within IT to find solutions and support testing activities
- Advise team members on best practices within testing / automation
- Evaluate new technologies and participate in the continuous improvement of applications and systems (e.g. emerging testing frameworks, CICD, cloud native architectures)
- Ability work self-governed or within a team; work within an Agile environment
- Other duties as assigned
Do you have the skills that will enable you to succeed in this role?
- University or College Degree
- 5+ years of demonstrated experience within test automation supporting enterprise wide testing initiatives
- 3+ years of experience of testing Rest / Soap services
- 5+ years of demonstrated hands-on experience in various areas of software development, testing framework design and architecture
- Well versed in development lifecycle and object-oriented technologies
- Competent in enterprise application delivery and design techniques
- Competent in:
- Building automation frameworks and exposure to a minimum of 4 different ones
- Cloud native architectures
- Continuous Integration / Continuous Deployment tools and techniques
- Docker, Kubernetes and GKE (Google Kubernetes Engine)
- Java, JEE
- Security technologies such as OAuth and PKI
- Oracle, MS SQL Server Development
What’s in it for you?
- We have an inclusive and collaborative working environment that encourages creativity, curiosity, and celebrates success!
- Dress codes don’t apply here, being comfortable does
- Access to thousands of online and in person courses so you can brush up on skills or learn new ones
- Career progression opportunities. We hire you for your talent and not just for the job. We want to see you succeed not just in your role but in your career as a whole
- We offer a competitive total rewards package that includes a base salary, a performance bonus, company matching programs (on pension & profit sharing), vacation, personal & sick days, paternity/maternity leave, medical, vision and dental benefits and much more
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : North York
At Tangerine we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the team, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment. If you require accommodation during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know.
Job Segment: Architecture, Medical, Bank, Banking, Database, Engineering, Healthcare, Technology, Finance