Parts & Purchasing Manager (Food Manufacturing Industry – Maintenance)
Reporting directly to the General Manager this position will work with Department Managers and Stakeholders for planning, coordinating and execution of purchasing activities for plant machinery, equipment and parts.
Such responsibilities will include duties and experience with:
· Developing and implementing purchasing plans, policies and procedures
· Developing and maintaining beneficial relationships with suppliers, identifying and monitoring preferred vendors, product usage, sales volume.
· Negotiation, managing and ongoing evaluation of purchasing contracts with current and new suppliers – to include metrics such as pricing, delivery timelines, quality and after-sales customer service.
· Purchasing Data Analysis – pricing proposals, financial reports and other metrics to determine reasonable pricing, control purchasing budgets and reduce costs.
· Developing and maintaining spare parts and critical parts inventory for all plant equipment and assets
· Developing, implementing and maintaining SOPs for Plant Machinery Preventative Maintenance
· Execute Ordering and Purchasing, coordinate receiving and manage stores for Maintenance Group.
· Develop and maintain associated budgets
· Proficient use of CMMS and MS Office Programs (Excel) required
· Suitable educational background would include studies in Business Administration, Economics, Commerce or Certified Parts Technician
· Requires 3+ years experience in Food Manufacturing Industry Purchasing position