Creative Door Services, North America’s largest overhead door dealer, operates nine branches across Western Canada and we have over 50 years of experience in the residential and commercial overhead door industry. We provide access solutions by servicing and installing a variety of overhead doors and driveway gate systems, operators and associated controls.
We have an immediate opening for a Purchasing and Logistics Coordinator located in the Corporate Office in Edmonton. Reporting to the Regional Controller, this position is responsible for the day to day operations and maximizing the efficiency of carrier service through the use of a transportation management system for all branches. The candidate will be in frequent contact with managers, employees and key employees at the branch level. Externally, the incumbent will be in contact with vendors, customers, and other people within the industry.
- Provide the service of freight arrangements to all CDS branches
- Evaluate shipments, consolidate loads, and select the most cost-effective method of delivery
- Perform administrative functions and make decisions based on the best interest of the company related to freight
- Load planning, optimization, routing and scheduling of transportation
- Identify opportunities for freight reductions and recommend improvements to existing or planned logistics processes. Determine the most economical modes of transportation & vendor
- Maintain high efficiency of communication between site operations, carriers, internal customer service and ensure prompt response to highly critical situations
- Assist in warehousing strategy & management of supply chain to optimize inventory value and carrying costs
- Assist in procurement strategy and business process including PO, ordering of stocked/serialized products, min/max on parts and receiving SOP
- Subject matter expert for purchasing and logistics. Understand the entire process and share knowledge to assist branches in managing their own freight requirements (LTL)
- Complete the approval and coding of freight and brokerage invoices to support A/P
- Coach and train the branches on best practices regarding freight and inventory controls, and provide the tools and resources needed
- Place orders with suppliers/vendors as needed
- Ensuring timely delivery of materials, troubleshoot delivery issues
- Returning non-conforming materials as needed
- Key player in yearly inventory count for all branches
- Other duties, as assigned
- Outstanding customer service skills with the ability to work collaboratively with a diverse team
- Supply chain experience considered an asset
- Highly organized, self-motivated and proactive
- Experience using web-based software (eg.CoStar) considered an asset
- Intermediate skills in MS Excel, Word, Outlook & preferable experience in databases & analyses of data
- Solid oral and written communication skills with strong ability to work with others (internal customer, carriers)
- Strong attention to detail, critical thinking, ability to problem solve and resourceful at seeking resolution
- Demonstrated personal accountability for results
- Ability to effectively multi-task and balance daily responsibilities and high priority situations
- Minimum 5 years’ experience working within a supply chain (ie inventory, freight)
- Excellent organizational and people skills, project management skills, with an ability to openly convey information to team members in a timely, concise manner.
- Experience in optimization of supply chain, through process improvements to yield savings in freight, inventory, and service.
- A positive work environment with competitive pay and an excellent benefit plan
- Opportunity to build a long-term career with upward mobility
- Steady work in a stable work environment
- Excellent Health and Dental benefits offered for full time employees
- COR Certified workplace
- Equal opportunity employer
If this career opportunity sounds like the right fit for you, apply online at creativedoor.com with your resume and include your salary expectations. Please add “PURCHASING & LOGISTICS – CORPORATE” to the subject line of all correspondence.
Applications will be accepted until the position has been filled.
Creative Door Services carries one of the most extensive garage and overhead door catalogues in Canada. From marvelous residential designs to durable commercial and industrial doors, powerful security systems to openers, gates, and accessories—we source breakthrough products and brands.
When it comes to creating the right result, we mean business. Whether it’s replacement parts, planned maintenance, emergency requests, or repairs, our service is nothing but smart, snappy, and solution-oriented. We stand behind the work we do—always have, and always will.
Each day is different. We might make a small discovery, or a huge advancement. A task might be more tedious than usual, or we might blaze through a creative breakthrough. No matter the challenge, when it comes to garage and overhead doors, we’re always delivering brilliant solutions to our clients. And, Creative Door Services recognizes the remarkable talents we bring, by celebrating our achievements while rewarding our contributions.
From the front lines to our upper management, at Creative Door Service, each team member brings an incomparable level of leadership to the job. That’s what makes a career here so rewarding. Whether it’s in the field or in the office, working on a garage door or tackling a business objective, we’re not afraid to roll up our sleeves, get our hands dirty, and throw ourselves into the task at hand. Our people don’t just pay lip service to hard work—we mean what we say, and we follow through with action.