About Spark Power Group Inc.
Spark Power Group Inc., (“Spark Power”) is committed to becoming the Trusted Partner in Power and the leading independent and integrated power solutions provider to the industrial, commercial, institutional, and utility markets across North America. Spark delivers cost-effective, customer-centric solutions that address cost, quality, reliability, and power sustainability to integrate new technologies and help transition our customers to the grid of the future. Learn more at www.sparkpowercorp.com and Like us on social @SparkPowerCorp.
• Perform field testing, verification, and programming of various IED from manufacturers such as SEL, GE Multilin, GEC Alstom, Siemens, Square D and ABB. For this reason, any prior knowledge and experience with secondary injection testing equipment such as Omicron will be considered an asset
• Design custom SCADA or P &C Cabinets for renewable and Battery Energy Storage Projects.
• Maintain or Commission Power distribution equipment including Power Transformers, Circuit Breakers, HV Switches and Instrument Transformers
• Perform Short Circuit & Coordination Study or Arc Flash Study. Perform site data collection when required.
• Create or Modify Single Line and Three Line Drawing using AutoCAD
• Be safety conscious and have the willingness to learn Electrical Lockout/Tag-out procedures and gain Electrical Safety Awareness
• Read and interpret electrical AC & DC schematics, AC three-line, logic diagrams and SLDs. Inspect, test, operate and troubleshoot AC & DC control and protection wiring schematic
• Be familiar with industry specific codes and Standards (OESC, IEEE, and NETA)
• Ability and willingness to travel for out of town for commissioning or maintenance projects
• Familiarity or willing to gain familiarity with testing different types of high voltage and low voltage equipment
• Report, record, compute and process electrical test information in accordance with accepted standard practices
• Co-ordinate the day to day functions on a job by job basis, such as but not limited to, compliance with all Health and Safety standards and regulations, availability of necessary resources such as human resources, equipment and materials, resolving conflicts, timely and accurate submission of paperwork
• Exercise due diligence in the care and operation of corporate assets
• Carry out such other duties and responsibilities as may be assigned
• Bachelor of Electrical Engineering Degree or 3-year Electrical Engineering Technology diploma with a focus in Power Systems
• Registered or Eligible to register with PEO or OACETT
• Valid Class G or Class 5 Driver’s License
• May be required to provide emergency services to the company’s customers on short notice
• Needed to provide scheduled “On Call” services on a rotation basis for the intermediate position
• Required to work in an industrial and outdoor substation environment. Services will be performed within Health and Safety standards and regulations
• Environmental requirements will range from frequent to occasional lifting, carrying, bending and reaching
Spark Power Corp is committed to fair and equitable recruiting practices . Persons with disabilities are encouraged to come forward at any stage of the recruitment process to request accommodations, if needed.