We are seeking an experienced construction Project Manager to join our team at our Waterloo, London and Stoney Creek locations.
· Supervise day to day activities of Trimmers (in house & subcontract), Service Techs, and Installation Team Leaders
· Manage fluctuations in volume of work for the Measuring Rep & Quality Assurance Rep and re-allocate sites & customers based on total volume in general.
· Assist your team in identifying potential solutions to their issues.
· Coordinate with Warehouse Supervisor to identify long term solutions for ongoing logistics issues
· Ensure all service requests from customers are being completed properly and on time; obtain purchase orders for work not required by contract.
· Complete Weekly Activities Report summarizing work done, issues encountered and any other relevant information for submission to Director of Operations
· Work with Field Service Relations rep to seek out new in-house trim carpenters & subcontractors and evaluate work they do for other customers to qualify them.
· Work with Field Service Relations rep to ensure strong relationships with all carpenters
· Meet with Construction Managers to obtain details for upcoming sites and to discuss the customer’s expectations.
· Manage relationships with key Site Supervisors and Construction Managers
· Conduct examinations with our QA rep and the customer when sites are complete to determine WWW (what went well) and WCBB (what could’ve been better).
· Attend job site meetings and communicate information required to directors regarding jobsite issues or new ideas.
· Review tender proposals with Senior Estimator and Sales Manager before they are submitted to ensure customer’s service expectation is accounted for in the costing.
· Handle general customer service and inquiries when required.
· Inform direct manager of new potential opportunities
· Inform direct manager of ongoing issues with customers and subcontractors when they cannot be solved otherwise.
· Refer new sales opportunities to sales department
· Other duties as assigned
Required Skills, Education, and Competencies:
· Interior building materials product knowledge
· Team Player, Team Builder
· Exceptional problem-solving skills
· Good interpersonal skills
· Exceptional knowledge of construction practices/schedules/deadlines
· Computer Skills (Microsoft Office and Outlook)
· Self-starter and self-motivator