Who We Are
This is a significant time of transition for Cisco and our Customer Experience (CX) services organization. We are implementing enhanced tools to align a hybrid of Project Management Professional (PMP) methods and Agile Framework to improve our delivery outcomes. This approach to services delivery will allow our Global Service Provider Organization (GSP) to remain competitive and achieve results across our Portfolio of services.
Who You’ll Work With
You will be supporting our Global Service Provider (GSP) Theater within our Customer Experience (CX) business. While reporting to a PMO Manager the role is supporting a customer or set of customers aligned to a Service Managers (SM). The Project Portfolio Manager is a billable resource with a secondary responsibility as Single Point of Contact for the SDL, DMs, Revenue Analyst for AS-T Revenue & COGs. You will be responsible for Red Badges supporting your Portfolio of projects. This role reports to the PMO Manager for the vertical you will support.
Who You Are
You are passionate about creating and leading cross-functional teams and have strong tool and financial management skills. You are a certified Project Manager Professional (PMP) and Certified Scrum Master (CSM) who invests in keeping skills up to date. You are experienced in managing projects and programs and leading teams. You are excited to be the lead for the PM’s on your team reporting to the PMO Manager.
Key responsibilities are listed as follows:
* Ensure revenue and cost is forecasted accurately for your portfolio of projects and engage align closely with the RA to ensure accuracy in reporting and roll up to the business.
* Manage project hygiene within your portfolio with aligned PMs.
* Be an ambassador of new back office toolsets and advocate for the Portfolio PMs during the transition to new tools.
* Lead and manage end-to-end project delivery by delivering on contractual requirements, revenue and profitability targets while maintaining an excellent customer experience
* Ensures proper Scope and Change Management processes are adhered to, manages change management handling between customer, partner & account teams
* Identify project staffing requirements, drive staffing across Cisco CX functions and coordinate project stakeholders to drive delivery excellence by delivering target cost, schedule, quality
* Own accurate forecasting, tracking, and reporting on project costs and revenues
* Establish and maintain excellent relationships with stakeholders (Customer, Sales, Services, Business Units, Executives, etc.)
* Ensure the capture of lessons learned, Goodwill and findings to share and apply within the PM community
* Communicates effectively with Executives and stakeholders(s) to identify needs and evaluate alternative business solutions and strategies
* Identify further growth opportunities within customer environment and engages with sales partners for pursuit; as opportunities warrant, support scoping, cost modeling and margin analysis
* Elicits stakeholder feedback to appropriately gauge satisfaction and direction
* Demonstrated ability in legal contract issues
* Review Scope of Work and guide the bid pursuit team to adapt terms and conditions to Cisco’s best interests to maximize revenue recognition and minimize risk
* Bachelor’s Degree in business, Engineering, or Technology
* Professional PMI certification PMP or equivalent
* Certified Scrum Master (CSM)
* 8-10 years of experience in managing and leading large complex projects and turnkey programs
* Customer Experience, Customer Success, Customer Project & Program Management
* Able to work in a highly matrixed environment and get things done
* Excellent Stake-holder management, high personal impact, ability to work externally with customers and Cisco organization to align priorities, resources, and handle conflict between stakeholders
* Exemplary written and verbal communication skills, presentation and negotiation skills
* Understand how the P&L for the business is different from project P&L an how to manage between them.
* Understanding of Software development lifecycle and delivery methodology, including Agile based PM frameworks, SAFe
* Strong Negotiation skills: Reaches mutually satisfactory agreements by focusing on interests rather than positions. Includes active listening, interpersonal skills and careful preparation
At Cisco, each person brings their different talents to work as a team and make a difference. Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns, but our edge comes from our people.
We connect everything – people, process, data and things – and we use those connections to change our world for the better.
We innovate everywhere – From launching a new era of networking that adapts, learns and protects, to building Cisco Services that accelerate businesses and business results. Our technology powers entertainment, retail, healthcare, education and more – from Smart-Cities to your everyday devices.
We benefit everyone – We do all of this while striving for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.
Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.