The future you want is within reach.
At PCL, we build the places where life happens and find camaraderie in the process. We’re a community of builders committed to building better communities. That’s why we’re always looking ahead, and not just to the next project or what’s next in our industry.
We’re also looking at what’s next for you and how we can help you build a career you’re proud of. We are seeking experienced Project Managers for various projects based in our BC Region District office located in Richmond, BC.
As a Project Manager for our BC Region you will contribute to our team by:
- Acting as Chair of HSE meetings and manages team safety inspections to ensure that policies, procedures, and standards are followed.
- Developing and implementing quality management plan and Quality Control (QC).
- Participating in the review of design documentation and seeking resolution from the design team with respect to compliance, scope creep, cost optimization, code requirements, procurement, safety in design, construction sequencing, and constructability.
- Developing the Project Execution Plan (PEP) with the superintendent.
- Assisting the project team lead in coordinating and monitoring the design deliverable schedule to facilitate and/or assist with permits, procurement, shop drawings, offsite production, construction, and commissioning in conjunction with the review and sign off by the Client.
- Participating in the review of design documentation and seeks resolution from the design team with respect to level of design completeness, accuracy, quality as applicable to various design stages and construction.
- Participates in reviews of subcontractors’ submittals leveraging the assistance of other team members for compliance with scope, design documentation, and coordination with other disciplines against the design documents prior to forwarding to the design team for their review.
- Identifies from the design documents areas requiring interdisciplinary coordination, scope gaps, and technical risk. Providing performance status reports for safety, cost forecast, and schedule.
- Performing weekly or monthly detailed project cost review: Labor Cost Reports (LCR) and Project Cost and Forecast (PCF) reports.
- Prepares and/or verifies progress payments to clients and trade contractors, and monitors progress. Understanding client expectations and contract, and completes client project-specific success criteria (CPSSC).
- Creating cost-management structure for budgets, productivities, crew rates, etc. Interfacing with the project team, client representative, consultants, and trade contractors for assigned area or project.
- Participating in the design management meetings led by the Prime Consultant, communicates PCL’s needs and requirements and escalates issues of concerns to the senior management for resolution.
- Setting project reporting procedures (e.g., labor, material, cost reports, site office procedures, and document control).
- Negotiates and issues subcontracts, revisions, and major purchase orders, and monitors their progress and schedule.
- Understands and enforces the contract/contract documents and resolves disputes.
- Manages all change orders, including negotiating, processing, and assessing cost and schedule impact.
- Assisting with site inspections by the design team to resolve constructability and site coordination issues and review and sign off on functionality, AHJ (Authority Having Jurisdiction) requirements, and code compliance.
- Participating in overall project closeout, including document archival, maintenance and warranty manuals, deficiencies, and warranty work.
- Modelling and coaching the solution provider and profitability culture.
What you will bring to the role:
- Post secondary education or training in engineering, construction management, or a related discipline.
- 8–10 years of progressive construction experience with leadership and mentoring preferred.
- 12 months of estimating or related experience preferred.
- Knowledge and application of health, safety, and environment principles/ procedures/legislation.
- In-depth knowledge of construction industry and company operations, including building materials, construction specifications, methods and procedures, and safety and quality management practices for more complex
- projects or scopes.
- In-depth knowledge of project construction law and building codes, with the ability to leverage such knowledge.
- Strong planning, organizational, and time management skills with the ability to multitask and prioritize direct-report tasks for prompt execution.
- Ability to manage project budgets, and create and schedule a project.
- Knowledge of and experience with accounting principles and processes.
- Ability to write and administer subcontracts and purchase orders.
- Understanding of insurance, bonding, and legal requirements.
- Demonstrated experience implementing a strong safety culture.
- Ability to identify and manage risk and opportunities on construction projects.
- Ability to create and manage the document control process for a simple project.
- Experience with cost and change management.
- Effective verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Demonstrates strong problem-solving and decision-making skills.
- Demonstrated flexibility and ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and internal operations systems: project management, scheduling, and estimating software.
PCL is an innovative, employee-owned company comprised of people who find passion in their profession and take pride in doing great work every day. Our work powers the infrastructure and utilities that are essential to daily life and our projects are the scene of vacations, careers, education and healing. We are consistently ranked among the best companies to work for because we are committed to supporting and developing our teams.
The PCL Companies celebrate diversity and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to an inclusive environment for all employees and applicants and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability or veteran status.
Should you require an accommodation during the application process, please contact us at email@example.com with the position and location you are interested in.
Together, we can build success and a better future. Let’s get started!
PCL Constructors Westcoast Inc.
Jan 19, 2021, 6:46:56 PM