The future you want is within reach.
At PCL, we build the places where life happens and find camaraderie in the process. We’re a community of builders committed to building better communities. That’s why we’re always looking ahead, and not just to the next project or what’s next in our industry.
We’re also looking at what’s next for you and how we can help you build a career you’re proud of. We are passionate about what we do and about your success.
As a Project Manager for our PCL Industrial Management Inc. district in Edmonton, AB, you will contribute to our team by:
- Developing and implementing the project safety plan, leading by example for health and safety practices and procedures.
- Participating in estimates and working with trade contractors to secure new work.
- Ensuring the project is constructed as per design, budget, quality, and schedule.
- Understanding client drivers and offering value engineering proposals for functionality, cost, and/or schedule benefit while maintaining value-added outcomes as part of our solution provider service where warranted.
- Interfacing with the project team, client representative, consultants, and trade contractors for assigned area, scope, or project.
- Negotiating and issuing subcontracts and major purchase orders, and monitoring their progress and schedule.
- Understanding, communicating, and enforcing the contract/contract documents and resolving disputes.
- Developing and overseeing overall project closeout, including document archival, maintenance and warranty manuals, deficiencies, and warranty work.
- Overseeing commissioning plan development, closeout plan, and their execution.
- Identifying and managing risk and opportunities on construction projects.
- Other duties as required.
What you will bring to the role:
- Postsecondary education or training in engineering, construction management, or a related discipline.
- 8–10 years of progressive industrial construction experience with leadership and mentoring preferred.
- Knowledge and application of health, safety, and environment principles/ procedures/legislation.
- In-depth knowledge of construction industry and company operations, including building materials, construction specifications, methods and procedures, and safety and quality management practices for more complex projects or scopes.
- In-depth knowledge of project construction law and building codes, with the ability to leverage such knowledge.
- Strong planning, organizational, and time management skills with the ability to multitask and prioritize direct-report tasks for prompt execution.
- Ability to manage project budgets, and create and schedule a project.
- Ability to identify and manage risk and opportunities on construction projects.
- Experience with cost and change management.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with key stakeholders and decision makers.
- Effective verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Demonstrated strong problem-solving and decision-making skills.
- Demonstrated flexibility and ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office software with a strong aptitude for adopting new technology/systems.
PCL is an innovative, employee-owned company comprised of people who find passion in their profession and take pride in doing great work every day. Our work powers the infrastructure and utilities that are essential to daily life and our projects are the scene of vacations, careers, education and healing. We are consistently ranked among the best companies to work for because we are committed to supporting and developing our teams.
The PCL Companies celebrate diversity and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to an inclusive environment for all employees and applicants and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability or veteran status.
Should you require an accommodation during the application process, please contact us at email@example.com with the position and location you are interested in.
Together, we can build success and a better future. Let’s get started!
PCL Industrial Management Inc.
Feb 16, 2021, 9:36:25 PM