Eaton Industries (Canada) Company located in Burlington, Ontario has an opening for a Project Management Specialist (1-year MAT leave contract) within our EatonCare division.
Responsible for proactively managing and coordinating the technical and commercial aspects of basic to high value complex project orders containing standard, assembled-to-order and engineered-to-order equipment for Canadian market. The incumbent will serve as a customer advocate and demonstrate a leadership role in complex issues related to the project, while communicating with plants, field sales, and assigned customer base regarding the status of orders including maintaining drawing and production schedules, specification requirements, and addressing technical and logistical concerns to ensure on-time and accurate delivery of project commitments.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
In this function you will:
A. Maintain the commercial integrity of projects;
Reviewing and understanding customer purchase order requirements, monthly project reviews, risk mitigation measures, ensuring system data integrity
Maintaining financial control measures, claim resolution and bonds/letter of credits
Maintain company objectives throughout the order cycle while managing progress billing, accurate invoicing, on-time shipments, logistical planning and coordination
B. Maintain the technical integrity of projects;
Reviewing and understanding customer specifications, communicating with plant engineers, drawing review and submittal, and providing technical clarifications
Work with plants to receive drawings for assembled-to-order projects and issue drawings for other standard products, making drawings changes as necessary
Responding to requests for quote, pricing adders/deducts for product changes
Supply documentation in the form of Operation and Maintenance Manuals, Spare Parts Lists and As-Built drawings in a timely manner
C. Project communication;
Communicate effectively with plants, credit, field sales, and other internal departments on project issues and follow through to closure.
Communicate directly with the assigned customer base regarding the status of orders, shipment schedule, and invoicing.
D. Manage multiple project orders and prioritize time and tasks effectively to serve Eaton’s customers
You will manage 40-60 assigned distributor branches and manage 100-185 active project orders, of varying complexity, scope and timeline
E. Perform all job functions with adherence to Eaton’s Philosophy and Values as well as the Safety and Environmental standards
F. Work within the mind frame of continuous improvement philosophy
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
• Bachelor’s Degree or Diploma required with relevance to the job description
• Minimum 3 years’ experience working with complex and large projects in the industry, either in project management, sales/quotations, or engineering
• Must be authorized to work in Canada without company sponsorship
• No relocation benefit is offered for this position. Only candidates residing within 80 km of Burlington, ON, will be considered for this position
• Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering or Technologist Diploma from an accredited institution with understanding of single line diagram, power distribution knowledge and experience in electrical distribution field
• Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification
+ Bilingual in English / French – will be required to communicated fluently in French with the customers and sales and English with all other supporting functions.
• Effective time management and project management skills in face of shifting priorities
• Independent judgment is required to plan, prioritize, and organize diversified workload
• Efficient and effective communication skills (verbal and typed)
• Strong analytical approach, detail oriented, and creative problem-solving techniques
• Proven ability to achieve results in a fast-paced work environment
• Proficient with conflict resolution and interpersonal savvy
• Strong computer skills with high proficiency in Microsoft applications and ability to quickly learn new tools relevant to Eaton’s operation and desire to become subject matter expert on those tools
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Eaton has in place accessibility policies for accommodating employees with disabilities. If you are selected for an interview and require accommodations, please let the recruiter or hiring manager know so that we can work to make reasonable adjustments that best suit your needs. Accessibility information may be found at: : https://www.eaton.com/ca/en-gb/company/policies-and-statements/accessibility.html
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – Canada
Organization: ESSG CA Canada
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Eaton is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Eaton is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.