Construction Company - Stone and Marble
negotiable / month
Finance and Insurance
As Project Cost Accountant you will be part of the Finance Department, and report directly to the Controller. You will work primarily with the Operations Department to control, analyze, and report on the performance of the active projects.
- Able to create cost control and monitoring systems as well as cost to complete reports based on project estimates and actual purchases/costs.
- Review, organize and process purchase orders and supplier invoices for approval and payment
- Work with Project Managers to ensure that all costs are properly recorded, and all projects are billed monthly
- Prepare monthly draw packages including supporting documentation for cost plus contract
- Provide monthly financial analysis update on profitability and cash-flow for each project.
- Track inventory in transit and balance of blanket purchase orders
- Prepare weekly cash flow for multiple projects, in multiple companies, in multiple currencies
- Monitor all change orders and ensure additional costs are included in project job costs and estimates to complete
- Able to work with minimal supervision and training
- Excellent attention to detail and self-motivated
- Other duties as assigned.
- Degree or Diploma in Accounting.
- Construction project-based accounting experience including estimate to complete and cost-plus contract reporting
- Understanding of percentage complete revenue recognition
- Power User of MS Excel
- ERP knowledge
- Superior analytical skills, detail oriented
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; including a strong command of the English language
- Driver’s License and car required
We are an international player in the supply and installation of natural stone, and hard surface finishes. Our principal markets include luxury resorts and condominiums, high end commercial centers and mausoleums. With projects underway in the Caribbean, United States and Canada, we have become the go-to expert in the natural stone market for large general contractors and developers. Our experience and far-reaching network are key to our success, which coupled with our dedicated staff of professionals provide the skill level needed to be successful in a global marketplace.