Creative Door Services, North America’s largest overhead door dealer, operates nine branches across Western Canada and we have over 50 years of experience in the residential and commercial overhead door industry. We provide access solutions by servicing and installing a variety of overhead doors and driveway gate systems, operators and associated controls.
We have an immediate opening for a Project Coordinator located in the Kelowna Branch. Reporting to the Regional Branch Manager, this position is responsible for managing contracts for ongoing and future dated commercial projects. The Project Coordinator provides customer service, contract negotiation, document control and contract administration support to the sales team.
- Communicate with the customer/general contractor/owner on project contracts
- Review contracts for accuracy and resolves any discrepancies
- Communicate with finance to verify credit has been established
- Prepare shop drawings for approval by the Contractor/Architect/Owner
- Prepare PO requests for products with specified suppliers to ensure on time delivery
- Review supplier order confirmations to ensure correct products have been entered into production and the shipping date is accurate
- Collaborate with the sales team to review and discuss the awarded tender/contract and ensure all scopes of work have been captured and quoted properly to SPEC
- Schedule project with operations team
- Prepare and maintain required documents/records for project close out
- Adhere to project coordination standards, including forms and processes which drive timeliness, accuracy, ethics and professionalism
- Effectively communicate with sales, project coordination, and support services, ensuring maintenance of customer service standards and enabling effective project management
- Proactively support the CDS safety program and initiatives, comply with all safety policies and procedures and ensure utilization of safe work practices while on site and in the office
- Maintain positive customer relationships and communicate effectively with all internal and external customers
- Liaise with other disciplines in the execution of their work as required
- Other duties, as assigned
- Strong attention to detail, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong organization and decision-making ability with good negotiation skills
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers in a timely manner
- Ability to present information to senior management and customers
- Working knowledge of MS Office suite; Word, Excel, Outlook
- Willingness to learn products, systems and processes and train others as needed
- Ability to deal with complex concepts comfortably; described as intellectually sharp, capable, and agile
- Ability to read blueprints
- 3+ years of progressive experience in project administration, coordination or related function
- Possess a valid driver’s license with a clean driver’s abstract
- Experience in industry with a service and installation or distribution company, preferably in a construction environment
- Post-secondary education in engineering, technology, commerce, economics or related field is preferred
- A record of continuing education in related topics is considered an asset
- A positive work environment with competitive pay and an excellent benefit plan
- Opportunity to build a long-term career with upward mobility
- Excellent Health and Dental benefits offered for full time employees
- COR Certified workplace
- Equal opportunity employer
If this career opportunity sounds like the right fit for you, apply online at creativedoor.com with your resume and include your salary expectations. Please add “PROJECT COORDINATOR – KEL” to the subject line of all correspondence.
Applications will be accepted until the position has been filled.
Creative Door Services carries one of the most extensive garage and overhead door catalogues in Canada. From marvelous residential designs to durable commercial and industrial doors, powerful security systems to openers, gates, and accessories—we source breakthrough products and brands.
When it comes to creating the right result, we mean business. Whether it’s replacement parts, planned maintenance, emergency requests, or repairs, our service is nothing but smart, snappy, and solution-oriented. We stand behind the work we do—always have, and always will.
Each day is different. We might make a small discovery, or a huge advancement. A task might be more tedious than usual, or we might blaze through a creative breakthrough. No matter the challenge, when it comes to garage and overhead doors, we’re always delivering brilliant solutions to our clients. And, Creative Door Services recognizes the remarkable talents we bring, by celebrating our achievements while rewarding our contributions.
From the front lines to our upper management, at Creative Door Service, each team member brings an incomparable level of leadership to the job. That’s what makes a career here so rewarding. Whether it’s in the field or in the office, working on a garage door or tackling a business objective, we’re not afraid to roll up our sleeves, get our hands dirty, and throw ourselves into the task at hand. Our people don’t just pay lip service to hard work—we mean what we say, and we follow through with action.