MacEwan University inspires students with a powerful combination of academic excellence and personal learning experiences – ours is a connected culture that focuses on learner-centered teaching, and on providing opportunities for students to grow and achieve.
The university provides a transformative education in a creative, collaborative and supportive learning environment. 19,000 full- and part-time students are enrolled in more than 65 programs: four-year undergraduate degrees, applied degrees, university transfer programs and one- and two-year diploma and certificates. Additional offerings include university preparation, English as an Additional Language, professional and personal development courses and workshops, corporate training and the Conservatory of Music.
The School of Continuing Education International Program Manager will be based at MacEwan University’s city center campus. Reporting to the Interim Associate Dean, the successful candidate will identify, plan, develop, implement, and evaluate international professional development programming for business, technology, and professional communication areas. This position provides support to office staff with planning and overseeing administrative activities. This includes securing and managing contracts for study tours, scheduling, enrollment, marketing, hiring instructors, graduation, and onboarding process. The Program Manager will work closely with instructor to provide guidance for teaching strategies, curriculum improvements, e-learning, and academic integrity process.
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Ability to effectively develop and monitor budgets.
• Ability to research new programming areas and opportunities and understand labour market trends.
• Ability to work with a diverse range of stakeholders: students, instructors, and colleagues.
• Ability to analyze, interpret, problem-solve, and make decisions.
• Effective written and verbal communication skills
• Respond well under pressure and meet deadlines.
• Flexible work hours: some evenings and weekends may be required.
• Strong computer skills in Google apps and Windows based environment, specifically Word, Excel, and PowerPoint,
• Knowledge of technology skills and requirements for the workforce
• Effective intercultural communication practices
• Undergraduate degree in business/technology
• This position requires 3-5 years of Program Management experience, of which a minimum of two years must be in the following areas: program budget development, working with SMEs on curriculum development projects, project management, program planning, relationship, and business development, and negotiating and securing contracts, along with knowledge of business and technology trends and practices.
When you become part of the MacEwan team, you will enjoy a competitive salary. Our total compensation package includes:
• Competitive base pay
• Generous vacation time
• Secure pension plan
• Excellent benefits package
• Continuous learning culture
• Opportunities for career growth
How to Apply
Only applications received electronically will be considered.
To apply, go to http://www.macewan.ca/careers and select the job posting.
Thank you for your interest in employment with MacEwan University. We will be reviewing all applications to select the candidates whose qualifications and experience most closely meet our needs. Only applicants selected for interviews will be contacted.
For general inquiries, please contact us at email@example.com.
This position is included under the MacEwan Staff Association Collective Agreement. Please note, initial salary placement for external candidates is limited to the first five steps of the salary grid.
MacEwan University is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
We encourage Indigenous people, persons living with a disability, sexual and gender minorities, women, and members of all minority groups to apply and to self-identify. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority.
We strive to provide an inclusive and barrier-free work environment, beginning with the hiring process. If you have special assessment needs, we want to ensure you have the support you need to showcase your abilities. Please disclose any requirements when contacted for an interview. This information will be kept confidential.
MSA Band E (Steps 1-5): $28.81 – $35.68 per hour
May 24, 2021