Organization: Plan International Canada
Reports to: Senior Program Manager
Location: Temporarily remote; Canada-wide (may include 20% of travel annually, post COVID-19)
Status: Full-time, Contract (parental leave cover until end-March 2022)
Contact level with Children: B
What can you expect from a leading organization in the global movement to advance children’s rights and equality for girls?
We are one of Canada’s Most Admired Cultures and here’s why: together, we have created a climate of trust and inclusivity – where diversity in people, ideas and approaches is not only respected, it’s encouraged. We are an inspiring team of intelligent disruptors who challenge each other to Defy Normal – to be bold, insightful, focused and innovative.
Amidst the uncertainty of COVID-19, these qualities have come to the forefront as our organization evolves to remain agile. Though we will evolve in many respects, our mission and strategic ambition will not change – and our work has never been so imperative. We will never stop believing in the multiplying power of girls and that every child deserves that right to learn, lead, decide and thrive. Our future success will be founded upon Plan International Canada’s 80+ year history of focusing on our mission, our , responding to challenges and seizing opportunities with purpose, relevance and impact.
Further information can be found at: /careers
· Monitor Plan International Canada’s assigned Projects in Latin America to ensure adherence to donor agreements, project management plans, financial systems, program closing and/or extension of existing projects as appropriate.
· Work collaboratively with Technical Advisors to prepare project implementation plans to review and support preparation of donor reports in accordance with Plan International and donor compliance requirements.
· Work collaboratively with Grants Finance Managers to review and oversee project budgets, forecasts and donor financial reports (including variance analysis).
· Support Plan International field offices to ensure quality implementation projects, formulate, review and revise annual reports and work plans/ budgets, rollout monitoring and evaluation (M&E) and gender equality tools/ systems, including periodic evaluations.
· Contribute to the development and maintenance of systems/ tools to improve efficiencies within projects and ensure best practices in program management.
· Participate in the development of funding proposals as required and provide support to other projects as needed.
What does success look like?
· The portfolio of projects assigned will demonstrate strong performance and delivery of grants, program management and compliance oversight and results with various donors such as Global Affairs Canada.
· The portfolio of projects assigned leads ongoing interactions with Technical Advisors and Grants Finance Managers to assure quality control of project implementation, efficient planning, high quality of reports and knowledge management processes.
· Excellent relationship with Plan International field offices will have been established to manage and deliver expected results.
· The Program Management and Grants Finance team and Technical Advisors team are performing efficiently and effectively with good communication in all assigned projects to improve impact, especially for women and girls.
· The internal project management systems and tools used will be more efficient facilitating the on-going management of the grants portfolio.
As our ideal candidate you will have:
· Proven experience managing international development programs with different donors; some of which should have been gained overseas.
· Fluency in English and Spanish, verbal and written communication.
· Successfully managed complex programs from Global Affairs Canada, ensuring familiarity with Results Based Management (RBM), effective planning processes, high quality reporting, deliverables and project close out.
· Exceptional ability to build productive working relationships with diverse colleagues across the organization and with field offices, donors and other partners.
· Experience reviewing, analyzing and synthesizing information to produce high quality project documents (including donor reports, knowledge management documents and communication materials).
· The ability to effectively support preparation of funding proposals as per donor requirements.
· Post graduate degree in international development or other relevant discipline is an asset