negotiable / month
Volanté is an Enterprise SaaS Point-of-Sale company that prides itself on developing leading-edge hospitality technology. For the past two years, we have made Deloitte’s Fast50 and Fast500 lists, in addition to Growth500’s list of fastest growing companies in Canada. With a never-ending thirst for innovation and an increased workload, we’re calling on Toronto’s top tech talent to join the family!
Reporting into the Director of Product, we are seeking a motivated and experienced Product Owner to truly own a core portion of our industry leading Product point-of-sale (POS) offering. The Product Owner will partner with all stakeholders to understand, analyze, refine, prioritize and communicate business needs to ensure that the engineering team fully understands the project scope, objectives and requirements. The Product Owner leads collaboration, facilitates sprint activities, and creates and communicates requirements artifacts that translate business needs into top tier product. Through a combination of strong business understanding, solid analytical and problem-solving skills, the Product Owner will take the lead in driving the features and future of the Volanté product suite.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Specify the outcomes and priorities for large-scale Product initiatives as well as bi-weekly sprints
- Work with the Product Management team to coordinate requirements with other agile teams and stakeholders to deliver key business value to targeted markets
- Work closely with the Engineering team to build out plans, finalize User Stores, and deliver “Done” work
- Work closely with UX/UI to define the most intuitive, effective user experience
- Build out and manage a portion of the Product backlog
- Facilitate collaboration meetings with cross-functional teams spanning all departments in order to gather all necessary details prior to initiative kick-offs
- Balance business requirements with technical feasibility, scalability and the need to delivery rapidly
- Regularly deliver demos and presentations to key customers/stakeholders and senior management
- Evaluate risks and tradeoffs associated with each course of action
What We’re Looking For:
- A University degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent
- 3+ years as a Software Product Owner
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong facilitation and collaboration techniques
- Excellent communication and strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to present complex ideas simply
- Ability to prioritize and drive sound business decisions
- In-depth understanding of the software development process and Agile best practices
- Knowledge of the core principles of product management
- Self-starter who can come up to speed quickly on our applications, technologies and processes
What You’ll Get Out Of It:
- Work with some awesome, fun-loving, and diverse people!
- Snacks – Replenished every week.
- Benefits – Health and Dental.
- Career Growth – Goal-setting and open discussions on how Volanté can help you achieve your goals.
- Meaning out of your work – Everyone’s contributions are critical to our growth and success
Volanté Systems was founded in 2004 by a group of University of Waterloo Computer Science graduates. What began as a three-person basement project has developed into an industry leading POS system with a team of over 100 employees in its Toronto, Ontario based office. From the beginning, Volanté’s point of sale software has evolved based on customer requests and requirements, and has continuously demonstrated its ability to be flexible, scalable and reliable in the most rigorous and unpredictable environments across a diverse range of venues.