Choko Motorsports is currently seeking a Product Development Assistant for a Full Time Position within our Product Development Department.
We are a Canadian owned, Canadian run company who design, develop, and manufacture our own apparel & accessories, bringing to the market unique, one of a kind products.
We are looking for a creative individual with a strong level of commitment, who is seeking a long term career and has the drive to grow within our organization.
The ideal candidate must be able to prioritize tasks and manage multiple projects at once and adhere to deadlines. You will need to be able to work in a fast paced business environment, and manage your own product category.
We have a clean and modern facility located 40 minutes North of Toronto, complete with gym and full kitchen.
Working directly with the Product Development Manager, you will have a position communicating externally with our factories and suppliers for garments, headwear and accessory development. Negotiating costing and sourcing product ideas.
You will be a key liaison communicating with our automotive and agriculture licensees ensuring brand guidelines are followed with your keen eye for detail.
You will need to have experience working with programs such as Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, and email. Knowledge of Adobe Illustrator would also be an asset.
Hours are Monday to Friday 8:00 am to 5:00 pm. Hours are unfortunately not flexible, with some overtime required when necessary.
· Communicate professionally and effectively with local and overseas vendors to ensure standards are met within the timeline and scheduled deadlines for each season
· Negotiating costing, delivery and terms with vendors for balls caps and accessories
· Generating new part #s for garments using an excel spreadsheet. We will provide training.
· Research and source new ideas for the product line
· Liaison with licensees to manage and track approvals
· Ability to problem solve
· Responsible and able to work in a team setting and individually
· Strong communication skills
· Strong organizational skills
· Ability to multi-task
· Administrative/Business minded
· Post-secondary education required
· Experience in MS Word, MS Excel
· Adobe Illustrator, photo editing, photography skills are an asset
· Experience negotiating with vendors an asset
· Education in fashion or garment construction is an asset but not mandatory