Koolatron has an immediate need for a Product Manager to support the growing Kitchen Appliance business segment. The position would be supporting the Koolatron sales team and work directly with senior management to help develop and execute our small kitchen appliance product lines.
Leads and drives the development and execution of short and long-term strategies for assigned Koolatron product lines. Drives product line strategic fit, as well as overall profitability, working closely with segment and functional leaders.
Primary Job Functions:
- Develop and execute the strategic vision for the product line; existing, enhanced and new technology recommendations.
- Champion and lead cross-functionally to achieve the strategic initiatives.
- Identify new business needs, internally and externally, as well as growth opportunities.
- Define and develop associated strategic investment plans with cross-functional collaboration.
- Lead coordination of ongoing market and competitive intelligence; analyze and effectively communicate market trends, customer/consumer demands and competitor strategies for product and pricing.
- Provide product assortment and pricing direction for new business opportunities.
- Participate in customer meetings and trade events to drive growth and keep up with product trends, channel and consumer influences, and competitive challenges.
Multi Generation Product Planning
- Develop and execute 1 and 3 year product development roadmap for channel and product line effectiveness, growth and profitability.
- Define and develop next generation products, collaborating with Sales and cross-functionally.
- Manage allocation of technical resources to the most impactful projects.
- Manage all aspects of new product launches.
- Provide oversight for channel and product-specific competitive information.
Product Line Profitability
- Manage new product and customer pricing and profit, collaborating with Finance, Operations, Sourcing, Supply Chain and Sales.
- Manage pricing strategies and monitor channel conflict.
- Champion cost-reduction projects; manage product mix and margin erosion on mature items.
- Identify changes in equipment and process technology to improve cost position.
- Work with Supply Chain for raw material sourcing, validation and cost-improvement.
Support of Existing Business
- Collaborate with Sales leadership for top target growth (current & new).
- Clear product positioning and communication strategies; collaborate with Marketing, manage product positioning tools, including web, trade, ad, sell sheets, research and presentations.
- Lead cross-functional teams to bring solution to resolve quality initiatives.
- Work with cross-functional teams to define service needs for new/changing/outgoing items.
- Oversight for new and modified products; working with Marketing, Corporate Creative teams and Packaging Design in determining packaging requirements and art work.
- Ability to identify and cultivate market and product opportunities.
- Ability to organize, coordinate and direct cross-functional teams.
- Ability to perform category analysis and category management.
- Ability to drive new product development and lead the commercialization of products
- Ability to work effectively with Sales leaders and internal functional leadership to consistently drive profitable growth.
Education, Experience, Skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Admin or Engineering Preferred.
- Experience in Small Kitchen Appliances is highly desired.
- Preferred 7-10 years’ experience in Product Management.
- Thorough knowledge of product management strategy, new product development techniques.
- Understanding of analytical tools to benchmark customer and market needs; relate and translate to existing operational infrastructure and prospective new acquired assets.
- Ability to design and translate effective strategies and tactics to the Sales team.
- Capability to build and foster excellent rapport with Sales and functional leadership and teams.
- Team player with ability to influence without direct authority.
- Solid understanding of business functions Sales, Finance, Manufacturing, Supply Chain, Sourcing, and Logistics.
- High proficiency level with MS Office applications required.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills, with demonstrated meeting facilitation skills.
- Ability to work well in high pressure environment, prioritize and multi task.
- Ability to travel (25-30%).
Koolatron is a leading global consumer goods company with a strong portfolio of well-known brands and an extensive product line that includes home and kitchen appliances, refrigeration, automotive, outdoor, and travel products and personal protective equipment.
Our brand portfolio includes exclusive distribution rights of licensed products under Coca-cola®, Kenmore®, Michelin®, Corona®, Modelo®, Coors Light® ®, Miller Lite®, Molson®, Oskar®, Total Chef®, Bite Shield®, and K-Kare®.