We are proud of the innovation, dedication, partnership and resourcefulness of our physicians, employees and volunteers. More than any building or technology, it’s our people who make Fraser Health distinct.
Bring your passion, skills, and expertise to a new opportunity with our team in Evaluation & Research Services & Health Authority Privacy Office. This is your chance to bring your initiative, vision and strategic leadership to British Columbia’s fastest growing health authority.
The Privacy Adviser, Research assists in the development, implementation, and evaluation of the comprehensive Information Access & Privacy Office within the Fraser Health Authority (FH) with a focus on enabling and facilitating privacy-compliant research.
Build on your career experience as you:
• Provide interpretation and advice to research team members, physicians and management on access and privacy legislation, international and health information management standards and principles.
• Support FH Research Ethics office by reviewing Research Applications on ROMEO and RISE, for compliance with all applicable privacy laws and policies.
• Participate in monthly Fraser Health Research Ethics Board (FHREB) meetings to provide expert advice regarding FHREB deliberations related to participant information security and privacy.
• Manage complex and cross-agency privacy breach and violation cases related to research including conducting risk analysis, electronic audits and on-going investigations using an enterprise risk approach.
• Lead, coordinate and direct case management and documentation with the FH Information Access & Privacy department.
• Evaluate breach root causes, implement and recommend resolution strategies including disciplinary action and practical quality improvement opportunities and risk controls targeted at strengthening organizational, operational and technical controls.
• Develop, deliver and evaluate integrated corporate-wide education and training program and mechanisms for staff, physicians, clients, the research community and external customers to better understand and apply privacy rights, requirements and information stewardship behaviours into practice.
To join our team, you will need:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Health Information Science, Information Management, Health Administration or related field,
• Five (5) years’ recent related experience in health information management.
An equivalent combination of education, training, and experience will be considered.
Bring your proven skills and knowledge to this exciting position, where you can really make a difference!
Fraser Health is responsible for the delivery of hospital and community-based health services to over 1.8 million people in 20 diverse communities from Burnaby to Fraser Canyon on the traditional territories of the Coast Salish peoples. Our team of nearly 40,000 staff, medical staff and volunteers is dedicated to serving our patients, families and communities to deliver on our vision: Better health, best in health care.
A career at Fraser Health will offer you the opportunity to work in a fast growing and exciting organization with professionals who are eminent in their respective fields. We offer a competitive compensation package, including comprehensive benefits coverage.
This is a temporary full-time position with an approximate end date of February 28, 2022. This position is located at our Central City Offices in Surrey, BC, an ideal location with access to rapid transit, on site-gym and shopping services as well as other amenities.
Take the next step and apply, so we can continue the conversation with you.
Come work with dedicated professionals who are hardworking and committed to provide quality healthcare to our clients/patients/residents. We invite you to find out why more than 95% of new employees recommend Fraser Health as an excellent place to work!
Curious to learn what it’s like to work here? Like us on Facebook (@fraserhealthcareers), follow us on Twitter & Instagram (@FHCareer), or connect with us on LinkedIn (fraserhealthcareers) for first-hand employee insights.