Microchip Technology Inc. is a leading provider of embedded control applications. Our product portfolio comprises general purpose and specialized 8-bit, 16-bit, and 32-bit microcontrollers, 32-bit microprocessors, field-programmable gate array (FPGA) products, a broad spectrum of high-performance linear, mixed-signal, power management, thermal management, radio frequency (RF), timing, safety, security, wired connectivity and wireless connectivity devices, as well as serial Electrically Erasable Programmable Read Only Memory (EEPROM), Serial Flash memories, Parallel Flash memories, and serial Static Random Access Memory (SRAM). We also license Flash-IP solutions that are incorporated in a broad range of products.
As a Principle Engineer in the Microchip Data Center Solutions group, you will get hands-on experience developing our next generation of storage controller SOC products. This will involve taking a design from initial concept to production form. Throughout you will work beside experienced engineers and be exposed to Microchip’s Best-In-Class engineering practices. Working side-by-side with some of the brightest minds and most innovative people in the industry, you won’t just fill a position, you will be given an opportunity to work on a team where your contributions matter. As a Principle Engineer, you will be responsible for design, verification, emulation, and/or validation of digital integrated circuits at the block level, top level, and/or solution level. You will be challenged and encouraged to discover the power of innovation. Microchip fosters continuous learning in a challenging and rewarding environment. If this sounds like the kind of environment you’d like to participate in, we’d like to hear from you!
Job responsibilities may include any of the following:
• Architecture, design, verification and implementation of digital semiconductor devices including: RTL development, verification, synthesis, physical layout support, static timing analysis and DFT.
• Develop circuits for subsystems using Digital Design techniques. Implement through RTL coding in System Verilog and synthesis into logic gates.
• Design of verification testbenches in System Verilog and execution of test plans using verification methodologies such as UVM.
• Support of products from Specification through to Production by interacting with Engineers in Physical Design, Validation, Applications, Software/Firmware, Product Marketing and Production Engineering
• Master degree + 7 years of experience or Bachelor’s degree + 10 years of experience
• Experience with coding and design of synthesizable logic using System Verilog
• Experience with VHDL is an asset
• Experience with low power design techniques is an asset
• Familiar with all aspects of the digital ASIC design flow including RTL design and verification
• Strong coding / scripting skills with languages such as C/C++, Python and Perl
• Experience with Synopsys or Cadence tool flows for synthesis, verification or STA is an asset
• Experience with 3rd party IP integration and support
• Experience with one or more of the following communication protocols (PCIe, CXL, DDR, SAS, SATA)
• Experience with micro-processors is an asset
• Experience with UVM verification methodology is an asset
• Experience with Specman/e verification language is an asset
• Excellent problem solving and debugging skills
• Excellent communication (written and verbal), and documentation skills
• Ability to quickly ramp on new projects
Microchip is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer of Disabled/Veterans/Minorities/Women. We provide equal employment and affirmative action opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected under applicable federal, state or local laws.