Title: Database Administrator – Cloud
Location: Toronto, Canada-Role will be remote anywhere in Canada. Client will not consider candidates in the US.
As a cloud focused DBA, your responsibilities include partnering with technology teams to provision, deploy and configure various data-related services to our cloud platform as well as providing best practices and approaches to ensure resiliency and high availability of our cloud solutions.
AWS Cloud Experience
• Aurora PostgreSQL RDS experience with sound knowledge in SCT, DMS, Elasticsearch, Oracle RDS and DynamoDB.
• Experience in providing enterprise solutions leveraging AWS services such as S3, EC2, VPC, Glue, Lambda, Athena, Redshift, EMR, Elasticsearch.
• Experience in Oracle to PostgreSQL migration using EDBMTK or SCT-DMS.
• Experience with cloud infrastructure, required AWS and good to have Azure/Google cloud.
• Experience with development and support of large-scale production systems working within a 24×7 operations environment.
• Require scripting skill’s like shell/python to automate daily activities.
• Working experience of automation tools such as Ansible, CloudFormation, Terraform, awscli.
• Good to have AWS certifications – Solutions Architect – Associate or Professional Level
PostgreSQL DBA skills
• Overall 5+ years of experience in PostgreSQL, Oracle database Administration.
• Good to have experience in Oracle DB administration.
• Planning and scheduling Backups, Database Recovery, taking Logical Backups & Physical Backups.
• Hands on experience of Recovery scenarios.
• Experience in table partitioning in PostgreSQL 10 and 11.
• Cloning of Databases.
• Upgrading and applying security patches to the databases on VM and also RDS’s.
• Having experience of DR setup through various synch methods.
• Database Tuning Abilities – Tuning Applications, Tuning Memory, and Tuning Disk Usage.
• Experience in PostgreSQL Performance Tuning using tools such as pgBadger and debugging of code using plprofiler.
• Experience in Oracle Performance Tuning using various tools Statspack, TKPROF, SQL Trace and Explain Plan.
• Support to team members for any database related issue
• Designing strategy towards Capacity Management for DB tracks.
• Required to work on shifts supporting client, any shift 24*7