Hiring! Hiring! Hiring!
Zone employment is seeking to hire a Planer Operator.
Job Type: Full time
Shift Timings: Day ( 8 to 10 hr )
- A person should be flexible with pilling lumber.
- The candidate should know about the wood strapping.
- Sets up and operates power-fed facer or planer machine to surface and size Woodstock used in furniture production: selects and installs knives in cutter head according to work order, using wrenches and gauges.
- 2) Turns handwheels to adjust table level, pressure bars, and feed rolls according to the depth of cut and thickness of stock.
- 3) Starts planer, and positions, Woodstock, on a conveyor or inserts Woodstock between feed rolls that carry Woodstock through the planer.
- 4) Inspects and feels planed Woodstock to verify smoothness of cut and thickness of stock, using gauge and rule.
- 5) May sharpen cutters on abrasive wheel or stone.
- 6) May operate circular saw to remove Woodstock defects, such as splits and holes, and to square ends of stock prior to processing boards through planer.
- 7) May signal coworker to stop feeding stock into planer when jams occur.
- Opportunity to explore your Talent and skills
- Full and long term job security.
- Chances to grow within the warehouse.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent