Holsag is looking for the right individual to lead our plant in Lindsay, Ontario. Holsag, a member of the Mity Inc. family of businesses, manufacturers high quality wood chairs for the senior living, restaurant, and many other markets. This position will direct all plant operations and is responsible for the safe and efficient manufacturing of the high quality product that our company is known for, and will lead and support dynamic and highly skilled team in meeting and exceeding expectations.
Duties and responsibilities
- Responsible for the safety of our team of over 75 associates in Lindsay
- Leads all aspects of manufacturing and production including sourcing, inventory, capacity, safety, quality standards and customer delivery/service
- Administers recurring or daily functions or processes necessary for business execution and identifies opportunities for improvement or efficiencies
- Develops and implements strategies meant to assist the business in meeting its critical goals and objectives in the most efficient manner possible
- Approves and allocates resources based on business priorities
- Oversees the activities and gives strategic direction to direct reports (Including operations[CP1] , engineering and supply chain; as well as dotted line reports in finance and HR), sets goals, and coaches them on their development
- Interacting and collaborating with co-workers to solve problems creatively and with high integrity
- Taking an objective, data-driven approach to managing projects [CP2]
- Evaluates and recommends changes to policies or procedures
The following are qualifications that are necessary for a person to be considered for this position.
- Bachelor’s degree in business management, engineering, or related field. Master’s degree preferred.
- 5 to 7 years durable goods or furniture manufacturing supervisory experience and successful performance
- Previous experience leading a team in a manufacturing/durable goods environment
- Familiarity with LEAN manufacturing principles
- Strong background in Workplace Safety Leadership
- Organized and process driven
- Driving accountability and execution
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite of products
- Experience with financial reporting and budgeting [CP3]
- Competitive base salary plus bonuses
- Competitive Flex Account for Rx, Dental and Vision
- Robust wellness plan including but not limited to massage, chiropractic, physiotherapy
- Staff discount
- Relocation package available
- Lindsay ON, located in the heart of the Kawartha Lakes, within walking distance of the Trent-Severn Waterway
Originally founded as Holsag Europe in 1960, Holsag Canada has been operating a privately owned manufacturing plant in Lindsay, Ontario since 1990. We source wood from the finest grown, and 100% sustainable, European Beech Wood forests in Europe. Our chairs are crafted in our facility by local residents who care about designing and building the best chairs on the market. We’re proud to serve our business partners in senior living, fine dining, education, and hospitality throughout North America.
Holsag operates in a 270,000 square–foot manufacturing facility that has shipped over a million chairs worldwide. Our Lindsay facility serves customers in all Canadian Provinces and the United States. All chairs enter the USA duty–free under the Canada-United States-Mexico Agreement (CUSMA).
Operating in Lindsay for 25 years, Holsag Canada Inc. (a Mity Inc. Company) is a leading international manufacturer of commercial seating products, with sales in health and elder care, restaurants, education, hospitality and various other markets within North America.