Praxair Canada, Inc., a leading supplier of industrial, medical and specialty gases, has an opening in our Redwater, AB Air Separation Facility location for a Plant Manager.
Reporting to the Regional Manager, the incumbent will manage the activities of employees engaged in all phases of plant operation and maintenance.
- Ensure employee adherence and compliance with Standard Operating Procedures, Standard Maintenance Procedures, and Safety Policy requirements.
- Ensure conformance with applicable governmental regulations and Praxair policies.
- Manage the safety work order system, including reporting and retaining of records.
- Participate in audits and complete audit action plan items.
- Conduct safety meetings and inspections – escalating as required any safety and environmental issues.
- Lead Cost Reduction and Productivity Initiatives
- Work to ensure consistent plant operation by monitoring key performance indicators for improvement areas
- Develop, manage and in some cases execute operations projects.
- Conduct plant inspections
- Manage and escalate, as required, equipment failures, production upsets, quality or product delivery issues
- Co-ordinate, manage and assist in troubleshooting technical problems in specialized instrumentation, electrical and mechanical, electrical and process equipment.
- Resolve work flow problems and conflicts by analyzing impediments and organize work to maximize use of personnel, equipment and material resources
- Identify issues and lead improvement plans in production processes, shift schedules, overtime levels, training, etc.
- Communicate to customers, stake holders, etc. as needed
- Assist operations as needed in the effective response to sudden operational and plant safety/environmental needs or events
- Manage the maintenance work order system to schedule routine work, ensure equipment inspections are completed, improve equipment reliability, and document activities.
- Plan shutdowns and arrange outside contractors or other internal resources.
- Maintain adequate inventory of production supplies and critical parts.
- Direct the daily activities of plant staff with respect to safety, reliability, quality, cost control and efficiency.
- Manage employee performance by setting expectations, providing guidance, feedback, and development for career progression and performance improvement.
- Develop and maintain an effective and trustworthy work environment all times.
- Provide leadership and training to production and maintenance staff
- Select suppliers, place orders, and follow up on deliveries
- Code and approve invoices
- Manage fixed, variable and capital expenditures
- Complete capital requests and cost transfers
All employees of Linde Canada Inc. are expected to follow Company and departmental safety policies, procedures and work practices at all times. Employees are also responsible for the completion of all safety training, as assigned. Employees with staff supervision and/or management responsibilities will ensure that assigned staff abide by the above, and actively identify, assess and correct safety hazards, as required.
- Possess a university degree or college diploma in a related field (Engineering, Instrumentation/Controls, …), with a minimum of 5 years plant/process experience and 3 years managing and developing employees
- Knowledge of Air Separation Process considered an asset
- Previous Management Experience
- An ability to work independently in an organized manner
- Experience with instrumentation, controls, electrical and mechanical systems
- Good technical reading and writing skills and an ability to handle paperwork
- Good computer, communication and team interaction skills
Knowledge / Skills / Abilities
- Accurate and detail oriented
- Organized, self-motivated and driven
- A team player who is able to work within tight deadlines
- Reliable transportation to and from work
- An extreme respect for safety expectations and protocols
Physical and Sensory Demands:
- Sitting at a computer for several hours at a time.
- Ability to climb stairs and ladders, comfortable with heights
- Must be able to wear full PPE, as required in plant equipment areas
- Distractions of visitors, phone calls, etc. into the main office during working hours
- Office and Plant based-work, fixed schedule is flexible Monday-Fridays
- Afterhours support required
- <10% travel required outside of the Redwater/Edmonton/Fort Saskatchewan area
At Praxair you’ll join 27,000 talented and diverse people in more than 50 countries, working to make a difference in the world and make our company successful. Our people work on challenging and meaningful projects and are trusted to take on responsibility early in their careers. Their contributions are valuable to our company, our customers, our communities and our shareholders. Explore our site and learn how your talent can make an impact at Praxair.