negotiable / month
This is a great opportunity to work with an innovative company that was voted one of the Best Workplaces in Canada! Our client currently has an opening for a Senior PHP Developer to join their growing team in Toronto. If you have a passion for development and a keen interest in being part of a great team that is inspiring a new world of commerce & engagement by powering branded digital customer experiences, we want to hear from you!
- Demonstrate PHP development experience in an MVC framework where you will produce APIs that mobile apps will consume
- Integrate platform with various 3rd parties via their APIs.
- Develop new features and maintain existing features on backend system using PHP and MySQL
- Maintain and enhance backend infrastructure in AWS
- Closely follow best practices in software development lifecycle using the agile (Scrum) methodology and industry best practices
- Troubleshoot, test and maintain the backend code and databases to ensure strong optimization, functionality, and scalability
- Implement refactors and performance improvements as required
- Collaborate with CTO and members of the technical team to assess and implement new system requirements
- Exceptional PHP development skills Demonstrated experience in API development and working with third-party APIs
- Solid knowledge of MVC-based PHP frameworks such as Symfony or Laravel
- Strong ability to write complex SQL queries and tune them using MySQL Well-versed in Git for version control and Composer for package management Familiarity with Amazon Web Services or other PaaS platforms
- Experience with DevOps
ITPlacements is a Boutique Staffing Firm that is fixated on our Clients success of finding the right fit for their full-time or contract role. We give open, honest feedback to help our Clients be successful. We really do believe that we change lives both for our Clients and Candidates!