OPSEU JOB POSTING #840264
Toronto Western Hospital Shoppers Drug Mart with possibility of cross coverage at Toronto General Hospital Outpatient
Pharmacy and Princess Margaret Cancer Centre Outpatient Pharmacy
$27.95 – $32.23 per hour (Start rate: $27.95 per hour in accordance with collective agreement requirements)
University Health Network (UHN)
is looking for an experienced professional to fill the key role of
in our Outpatient Department.
The Energy of the City. The Rewards of a Great Career.
The University Health Network, where
above all else the needs of patients come first , encompasses
Toronto General Hospital, Toronto Western Hospital, Princess Margaret Cancer Centre, Toronto Rehabilitation Institute and the Michener Institute of Education . The breadth of research, the complexity of the cases treated, and the magnitude of its educational enterprise has made UHN a national and international resource for patient care, research and education. With a long tradition of groundbreaking firsts and a purpose of
Transforming lives and communities through excellence in care, discovery and learning , the University Health Network (UHN), Canada’s largest research teaching hospital, brings together over 16,000 employees, more than 1,200 physicians, 8,000+ students, and many volunteers. UHN is a caring, creative place where amazing people are amazing the world.
Find out about our purpose, values and principles here
As an integral member of the Pharmacy Services Outpatient Pharmacy Operations team, the PHARMACY TECHNICIAN is responsible for: working in conjunction with pharmacists in maintaining high standards of client relations; assisting pharmacists in accurately and efficiently performing all technical aspects relating to prescription dispensing responsibilities; preparing or compounding extemporaneous products using appropriate techniques under supervision of a pharmacist; performing activities relating to the maintenance and operation of Outpatient Pharmacy services; and performing other duties consistent with the job classification, as required.
• Completion of a two year community college Pharmacy Technician Program or recognized equivalent required.
• Certificate of competency from the Pharmacy Examination Board of Canada preferred.
• Active licensure with the Ontario College of Pharmacists (OCP) as Registered Pharmacy Technician (RPhT) mandatory.
• Eligibility to register with OCP as RPhT required.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Excellent interpersonal skills.
• Ability to work under minimal supervision and to manage competing priorities/deadlines.
• Ability to learn and troubleshoot changing technologies/machinery.
• Ability to work variable shifts.
• Experience working as part of a multi-disciplinary team
• Strong interpersonal, communication, and customer service skills
• Manual billings, out of province billings and specialty meds related billing (an asset)
• Experience/working knowledge of Delta (Health Watch), Kroll and Point of Sales System
• IV compounding experience an asset
If you are interested in making your contribution at UHN, please apply on-line. You will be asked to copy and paste as well as attach your resume and covering letter. You will also be required to complete some initial screening questions.
POSTED DATE: April 11, 2019
CLOSING DATE: Until Filled
For current UHN employees, only those who have successfully completed their probationary period, have a good employee record along with satisfactory attendance in accordance with UHN’s attendance management program, and possess all the required experience and qualifications should apply.
University Health Network thanks all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
UHN is a respectful, caring, and inclusive workplace. We are committed to championing accessibility, diversity and equal opportunity. Requests for accommodation can be made at any stage of the recruitment process providing the applicant has met the Bona-fide requirements for the open position. Applicants need to make their requirements known when contacted.