Not just a job…
You’ll experience them all at London Drugs. As one of Canada’s most successful retail chains, we know what it takes to build a satisfying career. We are seeking innovative, customer focused people to join our team! Our Pharmacy Operations department, located at our head office in Richmond, BC currently has opportunities for:
Manager, Pharmacy Operations (BC)
Reporting to the General Manager – Pharmacy, this position will oversee Pharmacy Operations to ensure the successful planning, supervision and execution of Pharmacy Services in the BC Market.
The Pharmacy Operations Manager role encompasses all aspects of operations, working with the General Manager of Pharmacy in planning and execution of a general strategy for the pharmacy division to accomplish company objectives.
The successful candidate should possess the following:
• Minimum Bachelor of Science (Pharmacy) or Pharm.D. Degree.
• Valid license and in good standing with College of Pharmacy.
• Strong working knowledge of all aspects of pharmacy operations.
• Knowledge of desktop PCs and Windows-based operating systems and pharmacy software.
• Good understanding of the pharmacy’s operational software and support websites.
• Will take necessary management and technical training as required.
• Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
• Adapts easily to change.
• Strong analytical and strategic thinking skills.
• Sound judgment and ability to effectively problem solve as required.
• Highly organized and able to multitask effectively and work under changing priorities.
• Must have a valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle for regular travel.
• Patient counseling guidelines compliance.
• Drug utilization review compliance.
• Provincial payment plan rules compliance.
• Prescription adjudication process.
• Accuracy and the completion of prescription hard copies and patient profiles.
• Compliance to all legislative rules, regulations, bylaws and guidelines.
• Patient confidentiality regulations, guidelines and policies.
• OTC patient counseling and consumer information.
• Adherence to the procedures to avoid prescription errors.
• Supervising, monitoring and promoting Nursing Home business.
• Supervision of the implementation of patient care and target marketing programs.
• Supervision of professional competence of the pharmacists.
• Staff and student placement hiring, staff scheduling, training, performance management.
• Budgeting and monitoring for payroll, sales, gross margins and inventory turns.
• Product cost and purchase sources in the pharmacy data base.
• Third party payment billings and their reconciliation.
• Product usage compliance, professional procedures compliance.
• Effective purchase and usage of Gamma Wholesale products.
• Pharmacy expired goods returned.
• Generic drugs usage and its compliance to product brands assigned by H.O.
• Investigating competitors’ market position.
• Monitoring and coordinating the professional legislative requirements.
• Monitoring the store opening process and procedures.
• Presenting pharmacy diagrams to the professional legislative organizations and obtaining pharmacy licenses for new stores.
• Administering the pharmacy and pharmacist license fees.
• Administering provincial drug plan benefit list in regards to new items coverage, low-cost alternative program, reference base program, initiatives, changes to coverage, etc.
• Administering Alberta Blue Cross benefit list and pricing guidelines in regards to new items, plan coverage, initiatives, etc.
General Requirements also include:
• Travel to all company locations on a regular basis.
• Travel nationally and internationally to seminars, manufacturers, conferences to learn and promote LD Pharmacy products, programs and services.
London Drugs offers advancement opportunities through our promote-from-within policies, salaries commensurate with experience, as well as a comprehensive benefits program including:
If you are a well organized, self-motivated, individual who has a positive attitude and a commitment to achieving Company objectives, then we have the opportunity for you to excel!
We are an equal opportunity employer. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work applicable to this position and are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required. Be advised, London Drugs DOES NOT use third party recruitment services.