DRAFT JOB ADVERTISEMENT
• Company operating name: Vanell Nursing and Home Care
• Company business address: 5109 Steeles Avenue West, Suite 320, Toronto ON M9L 2Y8
• Title of the position: Personal Support Worker (NOC 3413)
• Job duties:
Assist person(s) with activities of daily living such as feeding, lifts and transfers, bathing, skin care, oral hygiene, and toileting.
Can perform delegated tasks which have been delegated by an RHP in compliance with the RHPA for which transfer of functional training has been completed, such as insertion of a digit or instrument into a body cavity, care or procedure under the dermis and any task or skill needing a physician’s prescription.
Can assist with medication and medication reminders to person(s) in accordance with established employer or government policy.
Can perform light housekeeping duties such as sweeping and mopping floors, vacuuming, washing dishes, and laundry.
Must continuously observe person(s) and their environments, and must report and document unsafe conditions and behavioral, physical, and / or cognitive changes to an appropriate supervisor, i.e. family member, employer, care coordinator etc.
Must communicate and demonstrate basic information to person(s) in relation to activities of daily living, light housekeeping, meal planning and preparation, in accordance with pre-established Plan of Care.
• Terms of employment (for example, Permanent or Temporary? Full-time?): Permanent Full Time
• The language of work (it can be English or French or both): English
• Wage (must include any incremental raises, performance pay or bonuses): $20-$22
• Benefits package being offered (if there is one, if none, state “none”): Dental, Life Insurance, Disability Insurance, Extended Health Care
• Location or locations of work (give the City, Province of each work location): Toronto, Ontario
• Contact information to apply for the job (this can be a telephone number, email address, fax number, or a mailing address, the most common approach is to use an email address for this purpose):
All resumes should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 416-848-0611 for inquiries.
• Skills requirements:
Know how to care for patients safely—for example, changing bandages, turning patients to prevent bed sores, applying medicinal lotions, helping with oral medication, and bathing patients.
Understand and follow emergency procedures.
Have good problem-solving skills.
Work well with others and on your own.
• Required education: Some secondary school education and on-the-job training or a nursing aide or health care aide college or private institutional program, or a college nursing orderly program and supervised practical training are required.
• Required work experience: 1-year Health Care Experience
Location Varies across the GTA.