Shift Type Job Title Personal Support Worker Student Program- St.Thomas Education Job Specific Certification Location St Thomas, ON N5P 0A1 CA (Primary)
Career Level Category Personal Support Worker Job Type Travel 75 – 100% Job Description
FULLY PAID EDUCATION TO BECOME A PERSONAL SUPPORT WORKER – ST.THOMAS
Start Date: JANUARY 2021
Upon Graduation of the Personal Support Worker Student Program, as a Certified PSW you may work in the following areas: St.Thomas
Who are we?
Closing the Gap Healthcare (CTG) is proud to be a Canadian owned, award-winning, fully accredited and government (Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care) funded organization. We are dedicated to providing people of all ages the highest level of care across a wide range of home-based and clinic healthcare services. Everything we do is based on ethical principles and compassion, together with our commitment to meet the highest practice standards. We are, in every way, A Team Made for Caring™.
The Personal Support Worker Student Program is a great opportunity as it offers fully paid tuition, books, and other education materials to become a fully Certified Personal Support Worker , starting January 2021.
Once you have successfully completed the Personal Support Worker Student Program there is GUARANTEED employment with Closing the Gap Healthcare as a Personal Support Worker, with a commitment of 18-months from you.
Apply now for an opportunity to become a valued member of “A Team Made for Caring™”
What is in it for you?
· Become a fully Certified Personal Support Worker
· Guaranteed employment upon successful completion of the PSW Student Program
· Flexible hours
· Competitive pay rates: $18.00 – $19.00 based on experience
· Comprehensive Group Benefits Package and Pension
· Paid Travel
· Positive Culture and 24/7 Professional Support
· Opportunities for further education and professional development
The Ideal Personal Support Worker Student will have:
· An Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD) or Equivalent and a Grade 12 English Credit
· Ability to attend school full-time for period of 8 Months or longer as specified by College
· Commit to 18 months employment upon successful completion of the program
· Must have access to a Laptop/PC/Electronic Device, which is compatible with the College’s Online Learning Modules
· Must have access to cellphone with voicemail and reliable internet, on which the company may contact you
· Must have access to a reliable vehicle and a valid Canadian Driver’s License (G2/G) by the start of the Practicum component of the PSW Program
· Outstanding focus on client safety
· Exemplary skills in delivering high-quality client experiences
· A proven track record of being accountable for multiple deliverables, reporting and high- quality performance
· Experience in independent problem solving and recognizing when support from peers and supervisors is needed
Your role will require you to:
· A strong focus on client safety and ethical standards
· Developing respectful working relationships with clients and families to meet their care needs with the ability to maintain client satisfaction
· Respectful of the dignity and individuality of each client
· Providing personal care to meet the physical, psychological, social, and spiritual needs of each client
· Observing, assessing, and reporting changes in clients’ behaviors and activities
· Participating in multidisciplinary teamwork
· Physical lifting abilities
To join the PSW Student Program please visit the Ontario College website to enrol in a PSW program that is offered in your area: https://www.ontariocolleges.ca/en/programs/health-food-and-medical/personal-support-worker-psw .
Once you have enrolled into the PSW Program, please save a copy of your invoice as proof of enrollment.
This position is open to all individuals eligible to work in Canada, who meet all the requirements stated above. Accommodation will be provided in all parts of the recruitment and assessment process as required under the CTG Accessibility policy. We are excited you are considering applying to join “A Team Made for Caring™”.
# of Hires Needed 3 Hiring Manager