ABOUT THE JOB
Our client, a Canadian international shipping company, is looking for a Payroll Specialist for a temporary part-time position who will oversee payroll administration for offices in Canada and the United States.
If you have 10 or more years of experience and are proficient in payroll software, don’t delay in submitting your application.
- Preparation of quarterly reports for governments (federal and state).
- Monthly payroll verification and approval for international offices.
- Liaise with payroll administrators and payroll service companies.
- Prepare the requested reports.
- Participate in the annual renewal and permanent membership for group insurance benefits.
- Check union, pension and social security contributions.
- Check compensation for workers injured.
- Take stock of costs.
- Perform quarterly payroll reconciliations.
- Compile quarterly variance reports for salary expenses (Canada and United States).
- Prepare other reports as needed.
- Respond to questions and requests (provide support to the team).
- Assist with the year-end process (for Canada and US).
- Provide annual reports to accounting.
- Assist in the filing of all US Regime Compliance documents.
- Calculate employee loans.
- Help with other tasks and projects as needed.
- Temporary position of 12 months, 3 days (24 hours) per week
- Flexible working hours
- Start as soon as possible
- Ten to fifteen years of experience in payroll administration in Canada.
- Experience in US payroll administration would be an asset.
- American Payroll Association certification or CPA, PCP designation.
- Working knowledge of payroll software platforms like Oracle EBS, ADP Workforce / PaySpecialist, Sage 50 etc.
- Knowledge of accounting principles and practices.
- Excellent problem solving skills, judgment and a strong attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently with little supervision in a dynamic environment.
- Sense of organization; ability to take on multiple priorities within a tight deadline.
- Intermediate skills in MS Excel.
- Fluency in English (preferably French as well).