Our client in the Greater Toronto Area is looking for a Payroll Assistant to join their team on a contract basis. The ideal candidate must have at least 1-2 years of relevant experience.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Assist Payroll team in processing biweekly payrolls for salaried, hourly and unionized employees.
- Process all regular, commission, bonuses and other special payments in a timely and accurate manner
- Maintain and update all taxable benefits applicable to the company Keep up-to-date on payroll legislative changes which apply to the company
- Reconcile, prepare and submit all reports and/or remittances within the required deadlines according to standard procedures for all regulatory organizations i.e. CRA, WSIB, etc.
- Adhere to all procedures and policies, payroll regulations, legislation and standards
- Completing monthly, quarterly and ad hoc reporting
Qualifications and Experience
- Canadian Payroll Association Payroll Compliance Practitioner (PCP) certification an asset
- Unionized payroll experience is an asset
- Strong knowledge of advanced Excel
- ADP Workforce Now or Ceridian Dayforce experience a strong asset.
Altis Recruitment represents the nation’s top talent for contract, temporary and permanent work within the areas of: Finance and accounting, construction and property management, administration, IT and senior-specialized roles. Each year, we partner with over 3,500 client employers and create over 8,500 placements for candidates within the private sector, all levels of government, crown corporations as well as non-profit organizations.