Do you enjoy the outdoors? Would providing people with a safe environment be of interest to you?
If so, consider this exciting opportunity to join the Ontario Parks Team.
What can I expect to do in this role?
In this role, you will:
• assisting with enforcement and security
• resource management
• carrying out a variety of technical duties
• assisting with customer service and providing information to park visitors
• providing leadership related to enforcement and visitor programs
How do I qualify?
• You must have a valid class ‘G’ driver’s licence or equivalent, as recognized by the Province of Ontario. The offer of employment is conditional upon the successful candidate providing proof that s/he has a valid driver’s licence upon being hired.
• You have the ability to be designated as a Park Warden and meet ministry certification criteria and standards in the use of force.
• You possess or have the ability to obtain Standard First Aid Certification.
• You have the ability to work shifts, weekends and statutory holidays as required.
• working knowledge of resource management principles and practices applicable to Parks
• knowledgeable about law enforcement and possess the ability to interpret, apply and enforce relevant acts and regulations
• working knowledge of the Occupational Health and Safety Act
• knowledge of parks programs, services and operating regulations
• ability to operate and maintain a variety of light powered equipment such as lawnmowers, chainsaws, boats and small hand tools
• knowledge about, and ability to perform, building and utility maintenance
• ability to operate a variety of office equipment
Interpersonal and communication skills:
• interpersonal and communication skills to interact effectively and to provide park information to stakeholders
• written communication skills to produce reports and correspondence
• demonstrated leadership skills to work in a team and provide guidance to staff
• organizational skills and the ability to work independently and follow and carry out instructions
Required security screening checks along with your written consent, will be sent to the Transition and Security Office (TSO), Talent Acquisition Branch (TAB), HR Service Delivery Division (HRSDD) to evaluate the results. If applicable, the TSO, with your written consent, will request and obtain any additional employment screening checks that were not obtained directly by you.
A record under the Criminal Code and/or other federal offence record(s) does not automatically mean you will be ineligible for the position. The employment screening check(s) will only be reviewed and evaluated by the TSO for the purpose of making a security clearance decision. The details of an individual’s employment screening check(s) will be considered in specific relation to the duties and responsibilities of the position being filled. Employment screening check records will be maintained by the TSO and kept strictly confidential.