Does your background include experience in cleaning and ground maintenance? Do you prefer to work outside, and have some autonomy in your daily routine? Do you possess a strong work ethic, the ability to manage multiple tasks and a commitment to teamwork? If so, this position with its variety of duties will interest you.
• The two (2) vacancies at Sandbanks Provincial Park are up to 16 weeks
• The one (1) vacancy at North Beach Provincial Park is up to 15 weeks
• This position requires the availability to work shifts, weekends and statutory holidays as per schedule.
What can I expect to do in this role?
In this role, you will:
• provide general groundskeeper and grounds maintenance services
• perform minor repair and maintenance to buildings/utilities
• provide garbage collection, general facility maintenance/sanitation
• be responsible for carrying out cleaning duties and semi-skilled sanitation work for the park
• carry out facility inspection for security/damage
• promote compliance with park rules and regulations
• assist in the training and leadership of regular and summer student staff
• advise, report and record problems, violations and complaints
How do I qualify?
• You must have a valid class ‘G’ driver’s license or equivalent, as recognized by the Province of Ontario. The offer of employment is conditional upon the successful candidate providing proof that s/he has a valid driver’s license upon being hired.
• You possess or have the ability to obtain a valid First Aid Certification.
• You possess knowledge of operating standards for the maintenance and sanitation of general building facilities and utility maintenance.
• You possess experience completing basic grounds and facilities maintenance and minor repairs coupled with an ability to use small hand held tools (drills, hammer, paint equipment, cleaning equipment) and grounds maintenance equipment (rake, shovel, lawnmower, weed whipper)
• You have knowledge of and the ability to apply and interpret relevant regulations, acts, policies and procedures (i.e Occupational Health and Safety Act and Regulations, and Workplace Hazardous Materials Information Systems (WHMIS) etc.).
• You possess demonstrated communication skills to provide information and direction to staff and colleagues.
• You have interpersonal and customer service skills to deal with clients, staff and park visitors.
• You have organizational skills and proven ability to complete projects within acceptable timeframes and deal with competing demands.
• You demonstrate an ability to work with minimal supervision and as part of a team.