POSITION: Team Leader
REPORTS TO: Production Supervisor
To provide daily direction and follow up to ensure effective production of lines
1. Maintain a clean and safe production line or work area at all times. Comply with and enforce plant Safety Standards, Good Manufacturing Practices, Standard Operating Procedures, and all other plant policies.
2. Ensure the assigned production line is ready for production before start-up. Ensure the line has a valid torque meter, scale, and work order. Make sure that the necessary packaging materials are on line and verify accuracy of both counts and material identification against the Work Order.
3. Ensure that all required quality checks are performed on a timely basis. This includes the proper completion of SPC sheets for fill weights and torque’s, finished goods quality check sheets, stacker sheet, and all required documentation. Ensure that product and shipper codes are correct.
4. React to any quality problems in an appropriate manner. Ensure that process adjustments are made and recorded on a timely basis. Stop production if necessary. Quality is always the number one priority. Inform the Process Auditor and/or Production Supervisor as necessary.
5. Obtain bulk license plate and attach to job order before starting any new batch of product. Ensure that unreleased product is never filled.
6. Be responsible for the proper opening & closing of all jobs upon completion. This includes proper line clearance and ensuring all packaging material returns are identified with the proper part number and an accurate count.
7. Ensure that finished product counts, labour & line hours, material scrap is entered into the computer system properly, (JDE & DSI). Issue bulk license plate (s) to work order and create finish goods license plates correctly
8. Ensure that all required product samples and/or retains are taken, properly put away, and recorded. Maintain retain area in a tidy manner.
9. Develop and support good communications and a spirit of Continuous Improvement on the production line.
10. Be responsible for the orientation and training of all new employees (Packers) on the line, to quick orientation for each and every new temporary worker which may be assigned to your line.
11. Monitor individual performance and give constructive feedback as required. Perform or assist in the completion of annual performance reviews of regular team members.
12. Is able to perform additional computer transactions / inputs. (Example: performs all issuing or de-issuing of materials, review usage)
13. Must know how to access Standard Operating Procedures.
14. Must have knowledge of GMP and customer requirements.
1. Able to visually concentrate and listen intensely for extended periods of time.
2. Able to stand, sit, lift, bend, crouch, and reach consistently for eight hours.
3. Able to grasp and manipulate a variety of packaging components (ie. sprayers, bottles, caps)
4. Able to read, write and speak English.
5. Must pass a Math and English aptitude test.
6. Must be able to work overtime where necessary.
7. Computer knowledge an asset.
1. Possibility of working with unpleasant odours.
2. Working in various temperature changes.
3. Rotating and/or straight afternoon or midnight’s shifts.
4. Possibility of working under conditions with high noise levels.
5. Constant interaction with a variety of chemicals and chemical products.
1. Maintain a clean and safe production line or work area at all times.
2. Comply with 5S in your designated area
3. Comply with and enforce plant Safety Standards, Good Manufacturing Practices, Standard Operating Procedures, and all other plant policies.
The Better Way To Do Beauty: Serving our customers at every stage of the brand lifecycle. Our integrated network of innovation and manufacturing capabilities delivers responsive solutions and increased speed to market.
Integrate: End to End, and anywhere in between. Our integrated networked capabilities pull in the full breadth of offerings, allowing capacity and infrastructure to adjust manufacturing to meet your end to end needs.
Teamwork and Respect Form Our Culture.
Join Our Team: Be a part of the new revolution in personal care and beauty!
Come Innovate With Us!