We are Northern Dock Systems, the nationwide leader in installations and maintenance of Overhead doors and HVLS (High-volume low speed) fans. Are you looking for a challenge? Does a hard day's work make you proud? Are you looking rewarding work while working with the best of the best? Then we've got the opportunity for you; Northern Dock Systems is hiring! We are currently looking for Overhead Door and Dock Technicians for permanent positions located in the Oshawa, On area.
As an Overhead Door and Dock Technician, you will serve a vital role which includes but is not limited to:
· Complete installation, field service, preventive maintenance and repair of loading dock, overhead door, commercial door equipment while on site.
· Work with coordinators for parts requirements, scheduling and technical support, all while continuing to learn and progress through the organization.
· Maintain adequate levels of stock of required parts on your truck and keep truck clean. Identify and report when quantities are low and require re-ordering.
· Complete easily to fill out forms and PMP checklists in a timely and appropriate fashion.
· Demonstrate proper safety procedures and product knowledge.
Position: Overhead Door and Dock Technician
Location: Oshawa, On
Manager: Service Manager
Work Hours: Monday to Friday, 7:30 am to 4:30 pm (40 to 52 hours weekly)
· 2 – 4 years of commercial dock and door industry experience is required.
· Must be highly proficient with hand and power tools.
· Sound mechanical knowledge is a must.
· Sound electrical knowledge is an asset.
· Valid driver’s license with clean abstract.
· Basic computer knowledge.
Why Join Northern Dock Systems
· Join a growing team who is a nationwide leader in the loading dock and door industry with 20 years of experience.
· New customers are being onboarded daily including some of the largest brands out there, such as Walmart, Loblaws, Shoppers Drug Mart, Home Depot, Rona, Lowes and many more to give you a challenging and rewarding work environment.
· A friendly and supportive team that’s dedicated to getting the job done right.
· Weekly Toolbox Talks to keep you up to date on safety rules and regulations along with technical training to support your continuous growth as a technician.
· A company provided phone, uniforms, truck and tools needed to complete your jobs.
· A competitive base hourly rate with yearly bonuses based on performance.
· All training and certifications (forklift, scissor lift and working at heights) will be paid by Northern Dock Systems.
· Health and dental benefits.
· Employee wellness program.
If you are interested in these Overhead Door and Dock Technician positions, please, send in your resume and we will contact you directly as soon as possible.
Thank you and we look forward to hearing from you!
We’re also proud to have been recognized as one of Canada’s Fastest-Growing Companies by PROFIT 500 and a leading energy saving provider by Ontario's two largest natural gas utility providers.