At the Commission scolaire de Laval, we are more than 10,000 employees. We are committed to providing quality services to our students and we are convinced that we work daily for one of the noblest causes there is, that of education. Choosing to work at the Commission scolaire de Laval means choosing to be part of a dynamic and innovative team which, collectively, is committed to the success of its 56,000 students. They are our raison d’être and our greatest source of pride. It is for them that we are looking for the best talents and that we have given ourselves the mandate to be an employer of choice.
Your role in the organization
- Help, advise, support and evaluate the psychological functioning, personal resources and environmental conditions with young and adult students;
- Intervene in the aim to develop and maintain active adaptation strategies in order to allow them personal and professional choices adapted to their individual characteristics and their environment, throughout their school career.
Quickly, you will be essential to…
- Participate in the development and implementation of the educational and vocational guidance service while respecting the educational and administrative frameworks, both at the level of the institutions and the school board;
- Evaluate the students, during individual meetings or group, in terms of their interests, skills, abilities, personality, professional experiences and personal needs using appropriate methods such as psychometric tests, direct observations and information provided by teachers and other school workers and , if applicable, by the parents;
- Assess individually, as part of determining an intervention plan, mental retardation, psychological functioning, personal resources and the conditions of the students, in particular students with disabilities or adjustment difficulties and students with a mental or neuropsychological disorder certified by a diagnosis or an evaluation carried out by a professional resource authorized to do so;
- For more information, click here.
- Analysis of school files, development and modification of profiles from forma tion in support of the training advisor, during massive registrations.
- Reception, integration and follow-up of students;
- Organization and animation of reception and orientation meetings in groups.
- Reception, advice and support service for the students of the Center
- Individualized follow-up (academic progress, student support, motivation, etc.)
- Participation in the implementation of adaptive measures in an evaluation context.
- Evaluate the impact of its guidance interventions in connection with the achievement of the commitment plan towards the success (PEVR) of the Center.
- Multidisciplinary teamwork (management, counselors, teachers and support staff).
- Participation in various committees (school team and SEAFPE).
- Be a member of the Order of Guidance Counselors of Quebec
SALARY: Salary scale of 45 42 $ 0 to $ 78,640 , depending on experience
According to the national agreement governing non-teaching professionals.
WORKPLACE : Department of Education ofadults, vocational training and businesses (SÉAFPE)
955 St-Martin, Laval, Québec H7S 1M5
CURRENT DIRECTION : Madame Louise Lacoste
EFFECTIVE DATE : Upon appointment
THIS CHALLENGE INTERESTS YOU ?
Here is the procedure to follow:
For staff already employed by the school services center in Laval
Send your curriculum vitae to the address
For external candidates
- Complete your application for employment by going to the school board’s website and clicking on Job offers in the Careers section ()
- Send your curriculum vitae to the address
It is imperative to indicate, in the subject line of the email, the job name and the competition number
( EP2021-018 ) for which you are applying as well as your d number job application (C XXXX ) which will be assigned to you before December 14, 2020 .
The interviews will be held on December 16, 2020.
Any regular staff wishing to take advantage of a reassignment or a transfer must make their request in writing and indicate the reasons.
The Commission scolaire de Laval applies an equal access program and invites women, ethnic and visible minorities, natives and people with disabilities to present their candidacy. To promote the application of our program, we suggest that applicants let us know if they belong to one of these groups. Accommodation may be offered on request during the selection process for candidates with special needs.
Only the successful candidate will receive an official communication from the Human Resources Department.