We are a growing company that produces Baked Goods and Fresh Food Assembly under the Bread Garden Brand for a wide variety of foodservice and retail customers throughout Canada. We are also entering an exciting phase of innovation opening new markets providing strong future growth.
The primary role of the Operations Manager is to oversee all aspects of overall manufacturing operations in the Creekside facility including production planning and processes, maintenance, warehouse, product quality and continuous improvement, safety, and plant administration.
The primary objective of this position is to maximize the level of operational and quality performance in a manner that delivers on measures and goals and maximizes the level of financial performance of our plants.
In partnership with the operations management team, the Operations Manager provides leadership to all employees within the plant facilities in a manner that drives productivity, creates engagement and maintains a safe work environment.
Working collaboratively with the President and the management team, this role includes active participation in annual business planning, organizational projects and key initiatives, cross company interactions, and developing positive relations with other Premium Brands organizations.
This position will be based on Annacis Island Delta, British Columbia and will report to the President.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Contribute to the vision, mission and strategy development for all current and future operations.
- Responsible for ensuring facility’s permits and compliance with all applicable regulations and requirements
- Collaborate with senior leadership to create processes and policies, aligned with business goals
- Ensure key performance indicators for department are met and develop best practices to maximize potential.
- Ensure all product is packed with strict adherence to Food Safety policies and customer specifications
- Address any issues pertaining to production, shipping/receiving, quality, as well as the health and safety of the employees
- Manage operations budget and ensure appropriate cost controls are in place
- Ensure that all workers adhere to policies & procedures
- Foster a culture of continual improvement and profitability
- Foster a culture of respect and collaborative team work
- Perform any other duties that may be assigned as require
- Energy to drive change management
- Degree in Business/Management discipline or relevant work experience
- 5 Years’ experience leading teams within a manufacturing environment, preferably within food-manufacturing environment
- Understanding of how production planning contributes to company profitability.
- Strong people orientation balanced with an understanding of business needs.
- Experience working under a HACCP system and working with QA maintaining this system.
- Project management skills and ability to manage multiple projects.
- Builds a high-performance culture with a strong people orientation. Work environment, policies and practices reflect this orientation