• With the team, participates in assessing and planning for individuals in program; documents, implements and contributes to program evaluation.
• Provides life skills training such as meal preparation, housekeeping, personal care skills and personal finance; implements personal service plans.
• Assists PS with activities of daily living such as hygiene, grooming and toileting.
• Participates in various PS-focused activities in accordance with care plans.
• Recognizes, analyzes, and deals with potential emergency situations such as PS aggressive behaviour according to PS Behaviour Safety Plan to ensure no harm comes to the PS and/or the public.
• Administers medication to PS in accordance with established policy, protocols, and procedures.
• Assists with case management by identifying potential problems and reporting any difficulties.
• Provides emotional support and feedback to PS and their families.
• Transports and assists PS to attend appointments, shopping or leisure activities; operates motor vehicles safely and legally while transporting PS or on WJS business.
• Performs residential maintenance and housekeeping duties such as laundry, sweeping, mopping floors, mowing lawns, inventory, shopping, cleaning equipment and food services.
• Maintains reports such as statistics, logs and daily activities relating to PS.
• Utilizes practices that promote health, welfare, safety and security of persons served.
• Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as required.
*** Prior to confirmation of employment all applicants must provide a current (dated within 6 months of hiring date) Criminal Record Check and Ministry Check. These checks can take up to 6 weeks to obtain, please ensure you prepare accordingly.
As An Ideal Candidate You Possess
•Grade 12 education plus certificate or equivalent experience in related human/social service field
•Current WCB Occupational First Aid, Level 1 (or ability to obtain within the probation period)
•Non-Violent Physical Crisis Intervention Certificate and Conflict Resolution Certificate (or ability to obtain within the probation period)
•Valid BC Driver’s License and clean driver’s abstract
•Ability to use common computer applications required (training provided)
•Position requires; i) physician’s note confirming suitability, ii) negative tuberculosis screening test, and iii) successful criminal record check.
•Successful candidate must sign an oath of confidentiality, a conflict of interest statement, abuse protocols and a code of ethics statement.
•Willingness to work day, afternoon, and overnight-awake shifts.
•Preference given to those with one year experience in a community based setting
•Experience with Trauma Informed practices and Crisis Intervention
Applicants will be required to provide three (3) professional references that WJS Canada will be able to contact in a timely manner at time of interview.