Moderate previous experience performing similar work is required for this job.
This job requires managing workers who are performing work as follows:
Manage, coordinate, plan, organize, and control the administrative aspect of the organization, including the preparation, communication, coordination and storage of data. Responsible for the productivity, accuracy and efficiency of the office workers.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Schedule meetings and appointments
• Manage office G&A budget, ensure accurate and timely reporting
• General organization of the office layout and ordering stationery and equipment
• Organize office operations and procedures
• Partner with HR to update and maintain office policies as necessary
• Maintain the office condition and arrange necessary repairs
• Coordinate with IT department on all office equipment
• Ensure that all items are invoiced and paid on time
• Manage contract and price negotiations with office vendors, service providers and office lease
• Provide general support to visitors
• Assist in the onboarding process for new hires
• Address employee questions regarding office management issues (e.g. stationery, Hardware and travel arrangements)
• Plan in-house or off-site activities, like parties, celebrations and conferences
• High school diploma or equivalent, post-secondary an asset
• 2-4 years experience as an office manager, or administrative assistant
• Strong proficiency in MS office
• Proven experience as an Office manager, Front office manager or Administrative assistant
• Knowledge of office administrator responsibilities, systems and procedures
• Strong proficiency in MS Office (MS Excel, MS Word, and MS Outlook)
• Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task and prioritize work
• Attention to detail and problem solving skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Strong organizational and planning skills in a fast-paced environment
Key Performance Indicators
• Is an effective communicator, written and verbally
• Has the ability to communicate up, down and across the business lines
• Excels in developing lines of communication with external clients and stakeholders.
• Regularly contributes ideas and insights to team
• Effective listener
• Able to keep all data organized and accurate
• Ability to manage competing deadlines
• Able to keep supplies stocked and within budget
• Regularly meets all required deadlines
• Improves the organization’s administration
• Can effectively collaborate with team members
• Shows a willingness to share ideas
• Is a team player and has a cooperative and positive disposition
• Understands the individual strengths of team members and is an effective motivator.
• Effectively delegates tasks to other team members with clear responsibilities and expectations.
• Displays a strong work ethic and sets an excellent example to others.
• Promotes a positive team environment that is reflective of the organization’s culture and values.
• Is willing to offer support and guidance to employees