.NET Developer (Intermediate) – Optik TV – Edmonton

  • Company:
  • Location:
  • Salary:
    negotiable / monthly
  • Job type:
  • Posted:
    1 day ago
  • Category:
    IT & Software

Join our team Our .NET Developers focus on creating new features, maintaining, and debugging key Optik TV applications, as well as creating new value added TV applications. They are enthusiastic, motivated, and skilled full stack .NET developers who own the product end-to-end and thrive in an Agile DevOps environment. Here’s the impact you’ll make and what we’ll accomplish together In this role, you will spend about 75% of your time coding, with the remaining 25% focused on app research, design, documentation, testing, deployment, and support. You are a jack of all trades, capable of working with SQL queries, C# code, HTML, JavaScript and more. You are excited about new technologies, keep abreast of developments in the industry, and recommend adoption of new tools and processes to benefit the ongoing evolution of our TV platform. You understand both the customer and the TV platform so that any changes or additions are made in a way that ensures quality and reliability. You constructively question and investigate requirements and solutions to help the team deliver spectacular applications that exceed our customers’ imaginations. Here’s how Build new features, provide maintenance and support on the full stack of ASP.NET C# applications Develop creative solutions that are reliable, performant, maintainable, and scalable Identify problem areas in code and suggest solutions on how to tackle them Work with support, product and DevOps to support their needs Measurements of success: clean and efficient code, ability to stay within scope/specifications; clear and relevant documentation You’re the missing piece of the puzzle 3+ years of experience with .NET Framework, ASP.Net, C#, SQL, Stored Procedures In-depth knowledge of object oriented design and design patterns Working knowledge of HTML, JavaScript, CSS Strong analytical, problem solving, critical-thinking and decision-making skills Experience with Git and TFS or similar source control and software life cycle tools Security of your code is always top of mind Bachelor of Engineering or Computer Science or similar discipline Great to haves HTML5, SPA and Progressive Apps Working knowledge of React, VueJS Knowledge of OAuth2 identity flow Working knowledge of CI/CD using Chef, Ansible, Jenkins, TFS Build/Pipeline Unit performance and scalability testing experience About You Excellent creative problem-solving skills and an experimental approach. Each task has a hypothesis to be tested, evaluated and improved upon Keen desire to learn from peers (internal and external) Excellent communication skills with the ability to collaborate with fellow team members Great at time management, which lets you meet deadlines, work under pressure and multi-task with ease Strong distaste for spaghetti code Who is TELUS? We”re a high-performing team of individuals who collectively make TELUS one of the leading telecommunications companies in Canada. Our competitive consumer offerings include wireline,wireless, internet and Optik TV™. We also deliver a compelling range of products and services for small, medium and large businesses; and have carved out a leadership position in the health, energy, finance and public sector markets with innovative industry specific solutions. Everyone belongs at TELUS. It doesn’t matter who you are, what you do or how you do it, at TELUS, your unique contribution and talents will be valued and respected. Because the more diverse perspectives we have the more likely we are to crack the code on what our customers want and our communities need. Do you share our passion? At TELUS, you create future friendly ® possibilities. At TELUS, we are committed to diversity and equitable access to employment opportunities based on ability.