Day Shift (some on call required)
Salary – up to 40hr
the Journeyman Millwright is responsible for inspecting, troubleshooting, repairing, rebuilding, replacing, installing, adjusting, maintaining, and documenting all mechanical, hydraulic, and pneumatic operated plant equipment.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Receives instructions covering the scheduled preventative maintenance and planned or unplanned repairs, installation and inspection work to be done.
• Troubleshoot machine problems and find root cause. Determine course of action and report to leadership.
• Dismantles, cleans, repairs, replaces, installs, maintains, assembles and lubricates mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic and electrical equipment.
• Makes temporary or permanent repairs. Performs machining or welding as required.
• Assembles and aligns gears, bearings and shafts involving the application of press, sliding and running fits. Aligns shaft to shaft couplings.
• Experience in rigging and hoisting preferred.
• Works as part of a crew and is subject to call in for emergency breakdown.
• Notes and reports defects in tools, material and equipment.
• Keeps work area, tools and equipment in an orderly manner.
• Observes all safety rules, policies and procedures and follows standard lockout procedures.
• Other duties as assigned.
Skills and Competencies:
• Industrial Mechanic (Millwright) Red Seal endorsement
• Experience in a manufacturing environment
• Excellent industrial trouble-shooting skills
• Able to work in a team environment under minimal supervision
• Some fabrication and welding experience preferred
• Must have own tools