The Welder is required to weld steel parts and assemblies in the fabrication shop as directed by the Steel fabricator and/or Shop incharge. He/ She has the general responsibility towards the upkeep and functioning of shop welding equipment, housekeeping and shop cleanliness, grinding steel, painting, unloading material and all other general shop duties.
Job Title: MIG Welder / Fabricator
Job Location: Concord, ON
Shift Time: 7 AM – 3:30 PM
Industry: Steel Fabrication
- Weld steel assemblies according to plans and specs by selecting the correct welding process and settings for the job at hand ensuring that the failure and rejection rate is Zero.
- Fit Parts in Jigs and fixtures to create assemblies for Welding
- Cut Steel using Oxy Acetylene torch and Hand Held Plasma Torch.
- Assisting the Fabricator as needed
- Sling Assemblies and move materials as per process requirements.
- Measure, Cut and process steel sections using saw, ironworker, shear and press brake and other shop equipment as directed.
- Assist fabricator with tack welding of steel assemblies and/or jig fit steel
- Steel Finishing consisting of grinding and painting.
- Per Work requirements – Assist delivery truck drivers as a spotter to back in into the shop, Sling and unload material, Count as per packing slip, Stack and Shelf steel to the designated areas AND Load and check steel against list or verbal direction.
Qualifications & Requirement:
- Certified MIG Welder – CWB – Flat & Horizontal
- Jig and fixture use ability
- Able to use Oxy Acetylene torch and Hand Held Plasma Torch.
- Certified in : Forklift operation
- Certified in : Shop Overhead Crane Operation
- Experience in using Band Saw, Ironworker, shear, press brake and other steel processing machinery
- High ability in the use of hand held grinder and other steel finishing equipment
- Experience and/or training in operating industrial painting equipment
- Physical Ability to handle 50lbs at least along with skillful; operation of cutting and shaping tools
- Mental ability to do mathematical calculations, communicate with others on the team, open to learning and able to work under pressure.
- Awareness and high presence of mind while in a working environment.
- Full-time long-term opportunity.
- Referral bonus is provided if you bring someone who is looking for long term work opportunity.
- Weekly Pay
To Apply in person visit at:
Unit #18 F 2424 Finch Ave W North York M9M2E3
or call me at 647-278-5000 Ext 562/text at 416-822-3200
Thanks & Regards
North American Staffing Services