About this role:
We’re hiring for multiple Metal Fabricators for our client, a large Canadian shipbuilder and in-service support provider. These are permanent, full-time role with relocation services available.
- Responsible for the use of various tools and equipment in the fabrication, assembly and erection of metal parts for the construction of modular units utilized in the various stages of the building of a marine vessel.
- Areas of specialization: structural metal or steel, plate work, shipbuilding, pressure vessel
- Measure, cut, grind, fit, align, and tack weld parts
- Layout of reference points and patterns
- Assemble and fit plates and sections to form structures
- Install interior structures, hatches, doors, bulkheads, etc. to complete all of the steel work in the ship
- Layout construct patterns and templates
- Read, interpret, plan and execute from drawings, blueprints, and procedures
- Instruct and mentor apprentices
What you need to bring:
- Completion of college/CEGEP/vocational or technical training
- Metal fabrication trade certification (ideal candidates have interprovincial seals)
- 3+ years of fabrication, assembly, and fitting experience utilizing various tools and equipment
- Experience working in marine/industrial industry is considered an asset
Why work with Brunel? We are proud to offer exciting career opportunities from over 100 offices globally in 42 countries. Advancing your career takes time and effort – let us match you to your ideal position.
Brunel has a reputation for working with some of the best in the business. That’s what we continually strive for. Over 45 years, we’ve created a global network of interesting clients and talented individuals working together through a vast array of services.