JOB POSTING #874068
Position: Medical Radiation Technologist (2 positions)
Toronto General Hospital
Department: Interventional Radiology
Reports to: Manager, Interventional Radiology
Hours: 37.5 Hours per Week; Varied shifts including On Call
Salary: $31.13 to $38.92 per hour
Permanent Full Time
University Health Network (UHN)
is looking for an experienced professional to fill the key role of
Medical Radiation Technologist
in our Interventional Radiology Department.
Transforming lives and communities through excellence in care, discovery and learning.
The University Health Network, where
above all else the needs of patients come first , encompasses
Toronto General Hospital, Toronto Western Hospital, Princess Margaret Cancer Centre, Toronto Rehabilitation Institute and the Michener Institute of Education at UHN . The breadth of research, the complexity of the cases treated, and the magnitude of its educational enterprise has made UHN a national and international resource for patient care, research and education. The University Health Network (UHN), Canada’s largest research teaching hospital, brings together over 16,000 employees, more than 1,200 physicians, 8,000+ students, and many volunteers. UHN is a caring, creative place where amazing people are amazing the world.
The scope of research and complexity of cases at Toronto General Hospital have made it a national and international source for discovery, education and patient care. It has one of the largest hospital-based research programs in Canada, with major research in transplantation, surgical innovation, cardiology, infectious diseases, genomic medicine and liver disease.
Find out about our purpose, values and principles here
As a member of the Joint Department of Medical Imaging team you will perform various Imaging procedures at University Health Network with an opportunity to be trained in Interventional Radiology. The department features state-of-the-art digital technology and a team of innovative staff dedicated to patient care and superb image quality, backed by a commitment to continuing education and quality assurance program initiatives.
The Technologist will report to the Interventional Radiology Supervisor, and adhere to respective institutional policies and procedures.
Performs Interventional Radiology
procedures in the IR Department and the Operating Room using advanced digital equipment, digital quality assurance, communicates with team members and management personnel, participates in professional development, teaching and educational activities, mentoring, and performing duties related to the job classification, as required.
• Registration with the CMRTO
• 2 to 3 years General Imaging experience
• Live within 60 minutes of hospital
• Completion of a BCLS program, Level II: Basic Rescuer certification
• Ability to demonstrate sensitivity towards patients in a challenging situation
• Demonstrated strong technical skills and image quality
• Demonstrated strong inter-professional and collaborative skills
• Knowledge of basic anatomy and pathology
• Effective time management skills, ability to organize work, and set priorities
• Ability to work accurately under stressful conditions
• Ability to work effectively and efficiently in a fast paced environment
• Ability to multi-task and work effectively in a supportive team environment and also independently
• Excellent problem solving and recognition skills
• Commitment to continuing education
• Excellent teaching skills
and organizational skills
• Demonstrated satisfactory work performance and attendance history
• Effective computer skills
• Strong written and verbal communications skills
• Previous CT experience
• Membership with the CAMRT
• Currently enrolled in or completion of the CAMRT Interventional Radiology Specialty certificate program, an asset
If you are interested in making your contribution at UHN, please apply on-line.
You will be asked to copy and paste as well as attach your resume and covering letter.
You will also be required to complete some initial screening questions.
JOB POSTING DATE: April 1, 2021
CLOSING DATE: Until Filled
For current UHN employees, only those who have successfully completed their probationary period, have a good employee record along with satisfactory attendance in accordance with UHN’s attendance management program, and possess all the required experience and qualifications should apply.
University Health Network thanks all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
UHN is a respectful, caring, and inclusive workplace. We are committed to championing accessibility, diversity and equal opportunity. Requests for accommodation can be made at any stage of the recruitment process providing the applicant has met the Bona-fide requirements for the open position.
Applicants need to make their requirements known when contacted.