My client, SannTek is a vibrant startup based out of Uptown Waterloo, Ontario.
"Our mission is to harness the power of nanotechnology to bring diagnostics into the home"
For their first product to market, they are developing a personalized ovulation test to help all women get pregnant, no matter their hormone profile. They are looking for a scientist or engineer who shares a love for cutting-edge technology to fill a senior role in their product development team.
About Your Role:
Your main project will be to design and fabricate consumables based on microfluidics for the SannTek Ovulation Test. You will have almost complete ownership over this aspect of the device. You will report directly to the CTO to perform the following tasks:
- Designing Microfluidic Consumables: Designing the consumable microfluidic chips that will contain the SannTek sensor including their materials, surface modification, layout, and fabrication method. Also designing or sourcing reagent storage methods, including lyophilization and blisters.
- Prototyping Microfluidic Consumables: Fabricating and testing prototypes for microfluidic consumables, both independently and in cooperation with the sensor team.
- Providing Requirements to Other Departments: Helping the CTO develop requirements for ancillary hardware, such as flow control electronics and pumps, based on the microfluidic consumables. Working with the engineering department to validate selected pumping mechanisms and electronics.
- Developing Product Timelines: Working with the CTO to build timelines and metrics for success regarding consumables development.
What skills they are looking for:
- A PhD or Masters degree in a relevant field.
- Experience developing high-volume consumables, preferably utilizing electrochemistry.
- Experience with microfluidics and pneumatic flow systems.
- Experience with materials such as COC/COP.
- Experience developing consumables prototypes.
- Basic project planning and management skills.
What skills would be an asset:
- Electro-mechanical design knowledge and experience leveraging specialized contractors/suppliers.
- Experience managing usability requirements.
And the good stuff, on top of solving challenging problems you’ll get:
- A competitive salary and substantial equity in a promising startup.
- Ownership over a significant portion of the SannTek ovulation test. Your work will directly impact the future of the company.
- Flexible working hours (9 to 5 is old news – you plan your own schedule to meet deadlines).
- Enrolment in a medical benefits plan, including dental and vision.
At SannTek, our mission is to harness the power of nanotechnology to bring diagnostics into the home.