ONLY APPLY IF YOU ARE CANADIAN CITIZENSHIP
We are seeking a Mechanical Engineer Designer to become a part of our team! You will prepare detailed working diagrams of machinery as well as identify areas of improvement to increase efficiency.
Plans and designs mechanical and electromechanical components, products, and systems. Coordinates activities involved in fabrication and operation of products and systems. Works with the operations, production, and engineering teams to develop new and improve existing designs, assists in continuous improvement projects, and supports the overall enhancement of company products.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Designs products, mechanical and electromechanical systems, applying knowledge of engineering principles.
- Manages the prototype phase, makes the necessary changes in design or drawings
- Designing and integrating mechanical and electro-mechanical systems and components
- Evaluate the required documentation before releasing parts and assemblies to production
- Coordinates fabrication with outside suppliers
- Participates in hands-on problem-solving during fabrication, assembly, and installation of components
- May evaluate field installations and recommend design modifications and improvements to eliminate machine or system malfunctions
- Maintain knowledge of relevant regulatory agencies, and the policies, codes, standards, and regulations that are applicable to ACSI’s products.
Position Requirements: (Abilities/Skills/Knowledge)
- Degree in an Engineering or Technology discipline or related field; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Proficient with Autodesk / Inventor
- Very strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to work alone and under limited supervision, while being team orientated.
- Ability to lead, influence and drive results in activities involving cross-functional teams and departments.
- Forward-thinking, proactive, and continual improvement mind set.
We will provide a competitive compensation package as well as an excellent opportunity to grow in this dynamic environment. Please email your resume and cover letter with reference "Mechanical Engineer-Designer” in the subject line.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for interviews will be contacted.