Jantz Canada Mechanical Designer
Your duties will include but are not limited to the following:
- Responsible for the component selection, design and detailing of specific machinery, conveyors and overall project details after sale is complete
- Project management of those same specific projects including dealing first hand with production and the customer
- Development of standardized products
- Assist in the conceptual phase of projects, working on concept designs, time study calculations, cost estimating, presenting solutions to end user
- Work with sales to develop projects during the sales phase to increase likelihood of closing orders
- Review current products and designs, and investigate methods to standardize for commercialization, reduce manufacturing costs, re-engineer to utilize newer/different technologies
- Research and development of new products/technologies based on current sales targets/initiatives
- Technical experience in the bakery, food & beverage or fresh produce industries
- Knowledge of equipment including, but not be limited to, conveyors, packaging machinery, palletizers, as well as bulk handling equipment is highly desirable.
- Automation knowledge and experience
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in 3D design (Solidworks).
- Experience with robotics
- Solutions oriented
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Great organizational skills
- Team oriented person
You will be eligible, after twelve (12) months of continuous employment with the Company, to participate in profit sharing that is contingent on overall company profitability.
RRSP Savings Plan:
Jantz Canada will contribute a matching payment to the company RRSP plan up to $1800 per year. Eligibility is after two (2) years of employment.
The current, standard company health, life, disability and dental insurance coverage are generally supplied per company policy. Eligibility is after three (3) months of continuous employment. Employee contribution to payment for benefit plans is determined annually.
Jantz Canada is a systems solution provider and machinery integrator serving Canada, the US and abroad. We build the highest quality machinery, conveyor systems and robotics with our niche focus being the food industry.
Our Research and Development Team are experts at finding solutions for challenges. From conceptualization to prototyping to production to installation, Jantz Canada combines innovative thinking with leading edge technology to deliver efficient, reliable and cost-effective machinery.
Whether you need a complete turn-key system or a one-off machine, we have the experience, creativity and team resources to meet and surpass your requirements, on-time and on-budget.