We are looking for Mechanical Assemblers to join our growing production team.The Mechanical Assembler is responsible for assembling the fabricated, mechanical and operational components of forklifts built to customer specifications This is a great opportunity to be part of a small growing team, supplying rough terrain forklifts to various customers internationally.
A Typical Day:
- Working with a small team.
- Assembly and testing of mechanical and hydraulic components to engineering specifications.
- Assembly and testing of: drivetrains, engines, transmissions, radiators, exhaust, hydraulic cylinders, telescopic booms, masts, carriages, actuators, hydraulic manifolds and valves, hydraulic hose / fittings, and various other components for heavy mobile material handling equipment.
- Perform all aspects of assembly work.
- Assembles sub-assemblies and/or finished products in accordance with written and verbal instructions.
- Competently interpret detailed assembly drawings and hydraulic circuit drawings to accurately fit-up.
- Install purchased and fabricated components, using handheld tools and equipment.
- Install accessory components and materials for completing units for pre-shipping testing and delivery.
- Inspect product to conform to quality standards, and customer requirements.
- Load, unload, lift, and move materials and product utilizing lifting equipment when required.
- Operate hand tools (including but not limited to electrical and pneumatic power tools).
- Safely rig and operate 2-ton, and 5-ton overhead crane.
- Cross-train in other departments as available.
- Actively participate in safety training and demonstrate competency by effectively resolving safety issues or bringing them to the attention of management.
- In accordance with company procedures, cleans and prepares units for next operation.
- Safely operate heavy equipment as directed.
- Performs on-line testing and inspection activities.
- Ensure compliance in all safety, health, and environmental regulations, policies and procedures for a goal of zero incidents and injuries.
- All tools and equipment are company supplied, including PPE and subsidy for boots.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent and 1-3 years relevant work experience.
- Trade certificate or equivalent a plus.
- Forklift license / willingness to certify.
- WHMIS Training.
Ability to meet deadlines; to understand and follow written and verbal instructions; Ability to understand and follow posted work rules and procedures. Ability to communicate effectively and work cooperatively with supervisors, members of management, vendors, and other employees. Basic knowledge of use of power and hand tools. Basic mechanical knowledge.
Physical and Environmental Elements:
This is a production classification and employees work indoors and outdoors (in all seasons) with exposure to noise, chemicals, heavy equipment and machinery. Accurate hand/eye coordination is required. Finger dexterity is required, as well as hand strength, with the ability to grasp, lift, push and pull. Work involves considerable climbing, twisting, bending, squatting and kneeling for long periods of time. May lift parts weighing up to 50 pounds and pull approximately 20 lbs. Need to have the ability to ascend and descent a ladder and/or scaffolding.
Liftking Manufacturing Corp, an affiliate of the Lanco Group of Companies, is a North American manufacturer of a complete line of Rough Terrain Forklifts and Special Mission Oriented Vehicles, as well as other Specialized Carriers, Heavy Material Handling Transporters and Steel Mill Equipment.
Liftking has been a leading innovator of rough terrain forklift equipment solutions for over 40 years. As we continue to expand our product range and geographic footprint, we remain privately owned and consistently focused on the Company founder’s original engineered design imperatives – safety, productivity and enduring quality.